Now You're Gonna Get It... Bobby! SR250

Re: Now You're Gonna Get It... Bobby!

I was never good at staying on task, or following directions, ....or building in general but i somehow get these smokin deals regularly so i just go with it

but secretly this guy told me to do it

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=39078.15

ProSimex said:
a special place in hell is reserved for those who put sprung seats on their swingarm bikes.

I think that place in hell is right next to the place reserved for those who put hardtails on modern bikes -- just my opinion, of course!

Bart

I kept tripping over the SR since i left it in pieces on the floor .....then i try adding a monoshock to it and cant even mock it up because it kept falling over ..... So i stopped complaining and started building

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 358
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 436

....gonna toss the mono idea aside and just build this up with xs1100 parts i have to move this along tired of not riding it......cleaning the motor.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 360
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 387

Mocked up this xs1100 big tank ive always wanted a nice big tank on a small cc bike so i can get some nice range should be over 300 miles with this tank and the SR 250 motor...now with the twin rear shocks i may need to modify the modified exhaust again....hoping to get this welded and possibly the motor back in the frame today will update if it goes anywhere.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 365

Snub nose.....a little will go a long way ;D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 342
....after looking at it for 2 years ....i only had to buy like 20 $100 project bikes before i was able to guster the muster and spend money on some new parts for this bike....new chain, new AGM battery ( probably too small), new fuel line, some T fittings, a box of hose clamps, built a battery box with 2 pieces of angle iron and 2 bolts....welded 2 nuts on the frame and was able to mount the battery box using the bolts it was made from.....i added gas and this lil fucker ran....but it was getting dark so more pictures in like at least another 2 years....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 304
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
no hurry, my BSA C11 has been a work in progress for over 20 years and 5 owners, keep up the good work

Ha and I thought this thing died.

Also Spotty, if you need gearbox parts I have 1 and 3/4 worth of C11 stuff.

ta for that but all good on the g/box, mines got a new box and a 'hot' motor....expecting somewhere in the mid teens horsepower out of that little devil. it currently needs the dizzy and carb sorting

Had to weld the gas tank not sure if it will hold fuel yet ....also have to make mounts for the seat again since the first ones i made didnt account for the xs1100 gas tank....made a muffler guard hopefully it works good.....i also need to mount the rear fender, tail light and turn signals....my brother found a broken tail light in the street so i took the LED part out and mounted it into a moto tail light i had I hope i can figure out the wiring on it but so far so good...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
Back
Top Bottom