'75 CB500T - "Sancha"

Looks very nice. Had a strange thought on it though. Would you consider a 'dirty' tan style exhaust wrap, at least on the headers, to bring the colouring together?

Or ignore me. It wouldn't be the first time :p

D.

Very nice build, I have to agree with the sugestion to wrap the headers, would be the icing on the cake.

I had always associated header wraps as a means of covering up corrosion and disfigurement. Since I found a really clean pair of CB450 headers, it makes for one continuous unblemished exhaust sweep that resembles some of the vintage British bikes of yesteryear. That's sort of the look I was shooting for...

If you wrap those I will come to your house with a big stick and beat you with it

Bars are flat M from Hotwing Glass. Grips are from POSH. I had to trim an inch or so off the bar ends to get the shortish grips to butt up close to the controls. Why not move the controls out? Before I located the controls and the cabling to them I was planning on a different set of grips...longer. So it was easier to trim a little off the tips of the bars to accommodate the POSH grips.

What kind of handlebars are those? And what size mikunis with what jets did you put on there

Luugo86 said:
What kind of handlebars are those? And what size mikunis with what jets did you put on there
Bars are flat M's with about an inch and a quarter removed from each end. Mikunis are VM32's. Set up that seems to work the best (so far) is 140 main; 40 pilot; needle 6dh7 with clip on the bottom (5th position), 3.0 slide.

bryantr said:
Very nice! Love the colors you picked. I'd never pick that myself, but it's sharp.

Thanks...the maroon is a House of Color formula they call "Maltese Maroon". The faux leather used on the seat is called "Saddle". I got it from a theater seating manufacture (Fortress Seating). It will darken over time which is fine with me.

Sorted the charging problem by replacing stator. No more expensive premature LI battery deaths. I took her for an extended ride on Sunday, stopping here and there to snap a pic or two. Not sure how to aggregate them all into one post, so I'll just do separate ones. Starting with this...

Attachments

• Sancha 4.jpg - cropped.jpg - 2.jpg - resized.jpg
    Sancha 4.jpg - cropped.jpg - 2.jpg - resized.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 312
different angle...

Attachments

• Lynn Cem from right rear.jpg - cropped.jpg - resized.jpg
    Lynn Cem from right rear.jpg - cropped.jpg - resized.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 634
This makes me miss my 500T quite a bit... Well done man.
.. I love those damn handlebars.. I want to build a bike around those bars.

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom