New schlachtwerk classic drag racer W650

schlachtwerk

now, after the TR1R is retired, its time to start a new project.
The most bikes i build are W650/800 so i decided to build a fast W650 for the european classic drag series Sultans of Sprint.
for this project i got a little help from two guys, Ulf is an engine wizard, and he loves the W650 engine, and Stefan is a really good
welder and a W fan too.
Out of the box the W isnt a fast bike 215kg/48hp is not the best choice for the dragstrip, but i think a 130kg/100+ hp W could be fast.

to make the bike so lightweight we cant use so much components of the w, the only parts are: a shortened fork, and the engine with some mods.

In the last weeks we built a new frame in centertube style, and the swingarm is under construction.

2 lightweight wheels are ready now, titanium exhaust is ready too, so i hope the rolling chassis is ready in january.

status quo now:

engine brackets and swingarm is just to see the proportions

stay tuned

What are your plans for the motor? 100 hp out of that will be insane

the plans for the engine?
-854cc
-ported head
-race camshafts
-dellorto 36 carbs
-2-2 race exhaust
-NitrousExpress wet system

i think 90hp is realistic without nitrous, and maybe 130-140 with

We're watching with great interest. Please share some pics of the internal parts... you know, I am just a bit curious. 8)

some progress...
engine brackets done, subframe and seat done...
next big step is the swingarm
at the moment its a stock W swingarm, and its 150mm shorter than needed
the black lines are the planned wheelbase

sorry for this poor quality pic, its only a phone pic

yes, a shock will take place instead of this rod.. rigid frame is not the best for dragrace
the w650 engine is not the most powerful, but the bike is really light: 120kg as shown on the pic
the engine was modified by the german w wizard ulf penner, with a compression ratio a bit under 10 i think its about 85-90 hp without the nitrous system

wow looks great. we need more pics!

Back
Top Bottom