CB350 Clutch Issue

BCC

Okay so here is my dilemma. I recently bought a 1971 CB350 and have some concerns about the clutch. When the bike is in gear and I push in the clutch, the bike feels as if the clutch isn't fully disengaging the engine. Also when kicking the bike with the clutch in and in gear the rear wheel will spin. I adjusted the clutch and it still is doing this and was wondering if this is normal and if not how to fix it.

Did you change the oil yet? it will take some time to loosen up the plates. Have you actually run the bike on the road and changed gears? After the first ride you will probably have to readjust after all the places have separated and the crap loosened up.

Well took her out today for the first time and you where right. Guess i just had to run out the cob webs. I did run into something else though. As she was running i was getting alot of back fire it think it may be because the exhaust pipes are loose. Is there a certain way you have to put the crescent moons on?

Yes, they have to go on a certain way. The half-moons are called collars, and they have to go on with the lip of them touching the finned flange (the lip fits in the groove). Have a look at the diagram on this page, it will explain it better.

http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb350-super-sport-350-k4-1972-usa_model433/partslist/F13.html#results

Back
Top Bottom