Mikuni Group Buy - August 2014

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
Format to follow the same as the other group buys: Please post IN THIS THREAD the type and number of carbs you wish to order. I will reply to this thread as the money is received, when the order with my supplier is placed, when I receive the carbs, and when I ship them out.

Costs for shipping within the US are included in the price, but please message me for shipping costs elsewhere (it usually comes to around $30 extra).

All payments need to be received on or before August 31st and delivery is expected in the second week of September (slightly longer for delivery outside the US).

As with the other group buys, all prices assume we manage to hit a $400 total (that's the amount I need to order to get a discount) and so if we don't reach it, prices will be slightly higher (buyers are free to withdraw their orders if this occurs).

Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Also, though I've listed mainly the Mikuni VMs, I also have access to Keihin CRs and Mikuni TMs and I can get prices on those if you guys are interested (both the CRs and TMs are more expensive than the VMs, the CRs especially so).

All items will have two prices listed, the first price is for a single carb, the second price is for more than one.

VM20 - $80, $75
VM26 - $95, $90
VM28 (round slide) - $105, $100
VM28 (flat slide) - $125, $120
VM30 - $95, $90
VM32/34 - $95, $90

Also... please note that all the VM carbs come pre-jetted from the factory for two stroke engines. Expect to spend another $15-$20 per carb for the brass you'll need to get these working their best on a four stroke. I can supply the series 176 needle jets for $12 each and a few assorted pilot/main jets for $8, please specify sizes). Many applications may also need new manifolds and/or throttle cables, but this will be on a case-by-case basis and I'm afraid I don't usually supply manifolds or cables (I can get them, but you'll pay less elsewhere).

Finally, if you're making payment through Paypal, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, include your DTT name in the payment.

Thanks again,
Matt

Hey Matt, I happen to be in the market for another set. Almost done my CB350 race motor.....Finally.

Not sure if I need 30's or 32's though. I want to use it for street but concerned I'll be missing out on power if I have carbs too small. If I get the 30's would I just put in bigger jetting if I'm wasting engine potential? I'm using 4th over THR 67.5mm pistons so cylinders have been bored out quite a bit. What's your opinion?

legendary_rider said:
Not sure if I need 30's or 32's though.

You want the VM30's for sure. They're actually a tad large on our 350's, but it'll match up ok with your big bore. You'll loose power with VM32's.

I could be wrong here cause this is all from trail and error and not from any kind of research, but my understanding is that a larger carb would need smaller jets, and a smaller carb would use bigger jets. With the engine size being the same, my guess is it is the air speed going through the carbs that would influence which jets you need.

source: I've used the vm32's, vm30's, and tm28's on our 350. 75 mains on the 28, and 55 mains on the 30. 32 was just too hard to tune.

Thanks. Wasn't sure cause the Vintage 350 racers all use 32mm and some of them don't even have the mods I do on mine. They're meant to go full open though and that's it.

tmx32s will do a awesome job if they are in the budget

higher air velocity than a round slide and more wide open high rpm power imo and experience

I would consider TM's but 32's? I want to be able to keep it running at stop lights. lol. Or are 32TM's more functional than 32VM?

Just waiting on cam followers to come back from Megacycle and I'll be ready to use some carbs.

If you're going to be riding a 350 on the street, I'd stick with the 30s.

Flat slide usually has better throttle response as well as higher potential horsepower.

a tm flat slide has a higher venturi velocity and better air flow than a vm of the same size

so better response and fuel atomization and response as well as more air flow at higher rpm so MORE POWER across the board

sorry i realize now that i was asked about the 750 but you guys are talking about the 350 now lol

30 would be good 30 flat slides better

Do they have TM30 flatslides? My understanding is that it goes TM28 then TM32 for the flatslides.

On a related note, I am running both the TM28 flatslides and the VM30 roundslides on two CB350's right now.

My butt can confirm, the bike with the TM28's is a lot more responsive (feels almost too snappy), and overall just performs better.

socalmike_cb72 said:
Do they have TM30 flatslides? My understanding is that it goes TM28 then TM32 for the flatslides.

No 30mm flatslides on my dealer list... :-\

2 x VM28 roundslide + assorted jets (Not actually sure what I need, I'm guessing a few sizes either sides of what it comes with?).

If I understand correctly. the 176 series needle jet is to make these carbs more friendly to four strokes?

This is for a '74 CB250 , I think the VM28 is about the right size, or would the VM26 be more appropriate?

Shipping will be to Australia.

Sonreir said:
VM28 is good for the 350 and 360. I would guess that the VM26 is better for the 250.

Thanks Sonreir!

2x VM26
+ assorted jets
+ shipping to Australia

Could you please let me know the total?

Back
Top Bottom