"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

Id bet they rode it stock. When they first bought it. before they did that to it.

Brodie said:
Id bet they rode it stock. When they first bought it. before they did that to it.

I'm betting the same................

xb33bsa said:
me no reed neather, look pitchurs

i needer rede good......pickters arr mooch bedder.

Mr_Dunev said:

This was actually a nice little custom job, built by a young guy who used to work at Space-X before leaving to make custom composite parts. He basically builds bicycles from scratch out of carbon fiber. Unfortunately he knows next to nothing about the motor aspects of motorcycles. This is not a bad deal for $1000. It only need crank seals, from what I can gather after trying forever to start it at the Deus Ex Machine Bike Build Off in May

Just spotted this gem over on the SuzukiSavage forums.

00H0H_eUP4x6uiYJI_600x450.jpg

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/5081205387.html

Do CL listers actually think that by putting "****** NO SOLICITORS!! I DO NOT need help selling thank you ! ******
that it will actually stop the scammers from trying. I have found most of the scams are computer programs that are automatic and not manually done.

o1marc said:
Do CL listers actually think that by putting "****** NO SOLICITORS!! I DO NOT need help selling thank you ! ******
that it will actually stop the scammers from trying. I have found most of the scams are computer programs that are automatic and not manually done.
For real. It's not too uncommon to get the "please email me at xxxx@gmail.com if posted ads is still available (title of your ad)" text within 20 minutes of hitting the enter button to list.

deviant said:
For real. It's not too uncommon to get the "please email me at xxxx@gmail.com if posted ads is still available (title of your ad)" text within 20 minutes of hitting the enter button to list.
Learned these internet scam years ago and ended up playing games with the scammers. I found out they were really a business over in Nigeria where it starts with a computer program and then when you reply the scammers take over. I knew it was automated when after responding a few times with replies like "Eat shit and die you worthless thieving Mother F'ers. I hope your family gets run over by a bus on a holiday weekend". I would get a reply that says. "Thank you for your quick response and agree with your asking price............". I would end up playing the game with them and have them send me checks. Once they have you hooked they will agree to any price. So I would tell them after they agree that the price was a typo and it's actually 10x's more. They always agree and send you a check that's for way more than the selling price and tell you to cash it and send the surplus to their shipper that will come and pick up the item. Once they send you the check they start hounding you hard to go cash it and send the money. They need to pick the item up quickly for the kids 16th birthday this weekend. That's when I turn up the heat on the scam. I wait a day or 2 to get back with them and acknowledge receipt of the check that will come FedEx on a bogus account, yes FedEx gets scammed too. They ask you to send the money Western Union asap. I tell em I'm kinda busy right now and wilt to the bank in the next day or so. Then I tell em I went to the bank and ahed the check but got in an accident on the way to Western Union and won't get out of the hospital for at least a week. They start trying to talk you into giving the money to someone else to send or other, it gets quite comical. Then I tell them I know it's a scam but I have fake ID to cash the checks with and am heading to Hawaii tomorrow on their money. I have over $250K worth of scam checks stapled to my wall.

it's ugly yamaha day:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/5148233930.html

Attachments

• 00K0K_hD4RQhT7zMX_600x450.jpg
    00K0K_hD4RQhT7zMX_600x450.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 598
deviant said:

"Hit me up with best offer 1982 Yamaha xj 1100 runns good news New head cylinder can crank it up I'm spot just put it back together good project file for a bobber or cafe racer i got a bill of sale so only asking 700$ or best offer would love to trade for a 100cc moped that runs or needs minor work up for trades for more info call me and come take a look"

I hate people that don't use punctuation, that are basically morons. Hate is a strong word, maybe this person is just intellectually challenged. ;)

Wangofree said:
"Hit me up with best offer 1982 Yamaha xj 1100 runns good news New head cylinder can crank it up I'm spot just put it back together good project file for a bobber or cafe racer i got a bill of sale so only asking 700$ or best offer would love to trade for a 100cc moped that runs or needs minor work up for trades for more info call me and come take a look"

I hate people that don't use punctuation, that are basically morons. Hate is a strong word, maybe this person is just intellectually challenged. ;)

Judging from that thing that was once a motorcycle, the challenge goes beyond the intellectual.

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

"Could be a nice flip"
http://columbus.craigslist.org/mpo/5119884115.html

hurco550 said:
"Could be a nice flip"

Judging fromt the amount of dirt on that bike, it must have been buried 3 ft. under ground, where it should have stayed. Braaaaaains!

hurco550 said:
"Could be a nice flip"

Worth more in scrap metal than anything else, don't know why he thinks those rusted parts are salvageable at all. Whole thing worth maybe $10.

Back
Top Bottom