crazypj said:
Thet were pretty common in 70's but I haven't seen one for a long time
Right
I wanted to keep it period looking
But it kinda just wound up being the plan after making the cowl
I have to have some kind of padding
These bikes have been known to rattle teeth

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Nah, 180 crank makes it buzz rather than rattle.
If you haved any judo/ karate dojo's near you, see if they have any old mats, about 1-1/4" thick high density foam and should be able to find an unworn piece big enough for a motorcycle seat. I've also used camping mats but good ones have gotten way too expensive

crazypj said:
Nah, 180 crank makes it buzz rather than rattle.
If you haved any judo/ karate dojo's near you, see if they have any old mats, about 1-1/4" thick high density foam and should be able to find an unworn piece big enough for a motorcycle seat. I've also used camping mats but good ones have gotten way too expensive
Haha I was looking at mats
Yeah foam doesn’t seem right unless it’s like three inches thick and I’m looking for thin but cushy
And wrapped in canvas should be ample
I decided on canvas rather than leather

You need to find a BMW and check out seat foam. They have been designing long distance bikes longer than anyone and have a lot of experience. Most people think seat is too hard but after a few minutes it 'conforms' without squashing down to seat pan. Soft foam is only Ok for about 3 miles. I've found multiple layers of chopped foam carpet underlay works really well when nothing else4 is easily available (3 ~4 layers of 3/8")

crazypj said:
You need to find a BMW and check out seat foam. They have been designing long distance bikes longer than anyone and have a lot of experience. Most people think seat is too hard but after a few minutes it 'conforms' without squashing down to seat pan. Soft foam is only Ok for about 3 miles. I've found multiple layers of chopped foam carpet underlay works really well when nothing else4 is easily available (3 ~4 layers of 3/8")
I was thinking play sand it’s a small actual pad area keeps the numbs in the material similar to a heat wrap just for the seat pad

onefromexile said:
New/old Pistons arrived
3 out of 4 very useable very clean
1 piston no good
And gs850 head
Which I don't need and will put up for sale right away

Bottom line I got my set plus one extra
And two sets of wrist pins and clips

378 here we go
0beeb1e1677d30e7677a3435b376ff22.jpg

Block not head ;) I took liners out of the 850 block I got few years ago in case I want to bore to 71~72mm in future

Back
Top Bottom