2b's Ace

2b said:
Skyteam China sourced this for me and shipped it to me today. Can't wait.

Looks great, you will love the extra torque. How did you go about ordering direct from Skyteam? In the past I have tried to do this without luck as it is the obvious choice to cut out the middle man. Was it cheaper than 00 racing?
If you could let us know how we to could order directly from China it would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou Cameron

They aren't really geared up for parts sales to individuals. I think they were OK about doing this for me because I wanted the black version of the upgrade that isn't available elsewhere and they had the contacts to make it happen for me. They are also very loyal to dealers and parts suppliers around the world. When I first bought the bike, I asked if they would sell to me direct, but they would only go through the dealer.

Contact details for Skyteam in China are on their facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/SKYTEAMSACIN/info?tab=page_info

2b said:
I used all five magnets that were provided, you can see them on the bolt heads …

Neatly done 2b!

In the process of doing something similar myself. I felt insecure about using the magnets (even though they are amazingly strong) so I went for bolts with recessed magnets.

item.JPG

Crazy

They look smart. Stainless steel? Where did you find them? I still haven't got around to the job of replacing nuts and bolts yet.

They're stainless and from motogadget.

I hope you have less trouble removing your disc bolts than I did!

They didn't require much force but getting the stubs out was far from easy:

item.JPG

Crazy

How did you get the original sparkplug over the NGK Iridium DPR9EIX-9?
Mine wont fit at all :(

Cheers mike

The standard spark plug cap should just push straight on. Although later I changed to an NGK cap and that pushes straight on too.

Attachments

• WP_20160907_001.jpg
    WP_20160907_001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 269
Ok now it works...
just had to pull the spark out and but it on outside the motor
maybe because the new spark is a bit bigger

Wooow just awesome how smooth and well the motor now goes

now i just have to change the oil
does the Ace 125 have an oilfilter????

Cheers Mike

There is no filter but there is some mesh to clean.

Take a look here for details...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USvziYIyzfyxfZA1YYpQf9eP4djb0GLWbvWcmME88Gk/edit#gid=2116107376

You can probably just drain using the side plug, but I like to undo both.

Recipe for perfect oil change:
1/ Sunny morning
2/ Short ride to local Café for take away Skinny Latte and raisin toast (two slices with butter, not marg)
3/ Place bike on side stand and remove filler cap
4/ As 2b said, remove both bottom and side drain plugs (do I need to say have a container to catch oil?)
5/ Sit back from bike about 3m on milk crate.
6/ Smile and admire the machine while drinking coffee and eating raisin toast.
7/ Following breakfast, inspect the metal gauze for metal particles and clean.
8/ If you find metal fragments, your day is stuffed from here on in. (this is why this step follows 7. Don't want to screw up breakfast as well).
9/ By now about 30-40 min have passed leaving a good time to drain. I also like to hold bike upright for a minute to ensure the last little bit of old oil drains from the pan nooks out via the bottom hole.
10/ Replace plugs and fill 'er up with the good stuff.

An easy 10 steps to another Ace day!

Back
Top Bottom