71 cb175 (shes alive)

Re: 71 cb175

Swapmeet Louie said:
I also like the whites. But painting them on will end up being a maintenance monster...

Louie
Thanks man, I have a feeling your right about the maintenance. I did stumble across these how ever seem like they could be coolhttp://www.treatland.tv/white-wall-18-tire-trim-set-p/tire-trim-white-18.htm and thesehttp://www.mooneyesusa.com/white-wall-toppers-c-207_225.html.

Also wrapped my pipes yesterday. 50 feet was perfect, I even had a little wrap left over.

Quick update;
Been super busy with work and my sisters wedding so my bike kinda took a bike seat. But as of late ive been back at it full speed. In the past couple weeks I finished all the fab i needed to do and got everything sent to powdercoat. I also painted everything that needed paint and had my girlfriend upholster my seat. Should have some pic up soon and look forward to everyones input.

Glad to have ya back. I was wondering what was happening with this build.

So back at it today. Unfortunately when I was going through my powder coating today I noticed that the bushings from my swing arm were missing (they were in when I sent it out). Aside from that the frame and others parts i sent out look great. I was not able to get the rolling chassis done today, but I did get to snap some pics for yall. Still have a lot of work to do but if feels good to be moving on to the final assembly faze. I took a pick of my seat on the bike even though its not done, gotta say I love the color and think its gonna be great when its done. Also stripped the tank down to bare metal, and im also loving that. Changed the for seals today, and got a few miss. nuts and bolts. Hope you enjoy, im sure ill be on here real soon seeking some advice.

Painted forks.
IMG_0132.jpg

Sexy
IMG_0122.jpg

head light brackets look good
IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Its the little things that get me excited........like this!!!!!
IMG_0138.jpg

Like how this turned out
IMG_0117.jpg

Re: 71 cb175 (update 8-9-10)

Looks tres good. I wish I had clean chrome rims. Where are your grips & rubber from?

Thanks man, got both at a local bike shop. Cant remember the name of the grips, but they are pretty standard "street bike" grips. And the tires are bridgestone.

well its official, my bushings are lost :mad: looks like im gonna have to try and track some down. thanks chris73cb175 for the leed looks like i'll be giving them a call tomorrow.

Stock bushes are plastic IIRC and will melt in a powder oven. Check the size and get a pair of HK2220 or 2020 (I cannot remember which) needle rollers - 2 per side.

You will need a small thrust washer for each end of the swingarm - I cut off the end flange of stock bushings but that's not an option so check the needle roller supplier for thrust washers that might work. All our CB160/175s have needle rollers in their swingarms.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!! after a month of banging my head I got these in the mail today.
IMG_0230.jpg

Thanks so much Vicious cycle! Got theses guys to me, no problem and it cost less than $30 shipped. Anyone with a CB160 or 175 should hit these guys up for parts needs. Great service, I cant say enough. Now I can get the puppy back up and rolling.

Oh also got this in the mail today. Looks cool
IMG_0231.jpg

Max / Curbcast - do either of you have contact info for Vicious Cycles? Ive seen their site before but it didnt look like there was a reliable way of getting hold of them.

Big Rich said:
Max / Curbcast - do either of you have contact info for Vicious Cycles? Ive seen their site before but it didnt look like there was a reliable way of getting hold of them.
Its funny cause i had opposite experience than curbcast, i never herd back from bateman, so I called vicious and luck. Heres the number I called.
503-285-8824

So last week I started with my final assembly....Got a lot done, but forgot to bring my camera so I didnt get any progress shots. The frame looked so rad with all the clean chrome on it. Bushing went in real smooth, and were a snug fit ; the swing arm feels real solid. I also got the front end on, dropped in the motor and ran the wiring harness. I went back to my buddys house (where the bike is being assembled) today and ran the wires through the bars, and started with the rest of the wiring :-\ . I started replacing all the wiring wrap cause a lot of mine were baked, and had no flex. still have a long list of things to do and parts to replace (in time). But im glad she's up on her feet and looking like a bike, cant wait to get the wiring behind me and start on the motor. Here are some pics I took at my friends house.

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Full body shot
IMG_0243.jpg

Off topic but I thought it was cool. This was on his work bench when he moved in
IMG_0258.jpg

Back
Top Bottom