#MidOhio2018 Grain Shovel Hellride

I had a Honda Pilot growing up, was lots of fun, still wish my dad had hung on to it... it was real similar to the odyssey but had a little bit better suspension.

irk miller said:
Hey Dock, looky here. A complete Fiser front end offset with spindles. It happened to be on eBay for $95. All this costs about $350 off the shelf. Looks like we're mounting this beast on the right side.

a55b2ae0035e60e0e41dc39ab1fe9ce5.png

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Fuckin' a right college.

I didn't like how tight the motor was to the driver, so I moved it back. It remains to be seen if I'll have enough room to kick start it. But I think the angle of the kickstart lever will clear the rear wheel enough to kick it over. Otherwise, I'll convert it to electric start...

8f5e28ddc29cf880ae8847193744cebb.jpg

I wonder if you can find a rear end where you could run the motor sideways and chain drive to driveshaft.

Golf cart: remove right angle gear.
b0ce4ec722a96276d24746834263a138.png

Tune-A-Fish© said:
I wonder if you can find a rear end where you could run the motor sideways and chain drive to driveshaft.

I thought about that. They're out there. A bunch of quads and also golf carts. The catch is gearing.

Those golf cart rear ends are pretty hefty compared to the rest of that cart though, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmer92 said:
Those golf cart rear ends are pretty hefty compared to the rest of that cart though, no?

I would think so. I'd wager as heavy or heavier than the rest of the cart minus the motor. Most have an input shaft parallel to the axles, too. What deterred me from quads (or 3 wheelers) is wanting straight axle and a 41" width.

Ez go had some the were perpendicular to the axle, i have one in my shed.

Maybe something off a little quad.
Cousin had an old 50cc shaft drive suzuki quad, so maybe kids models are more likely to have a shaft drive.
Down side with that is you gotta line the motor up with the input shaft more or less. Most of those applications will be pretty near center.

097acae792757bbe30b0c7d6c4d838de.jpg

1a2e8540a3cbf0103eab8b5d9088c32f.jpg

Sorry i it's hard to see there, but thats the set up on my Chinese shit buggy.

Hondalike scooter engine and cvt turns the foward/reverse selector, which links to the axle via chain drive.

Maybe you could run a jackshaft as last resort.

farmer92 said:
Sorry i it's hard to see there, but thats the set up on my Chinese shit buggy.

Hondalike scooter engine and cvt turns the foward/reverse selector, which links to the axle via chain drive.

Maybe you could run a jackshaft as last resort.
What's the width on that axle- hub to hub?

So I picked up a 1980 2 smoke ezgo and it has a rear end that would work perfect but is a heavy sumbitch but the motor is only like 10hp so not out of the question heavy
26c6fdad5edf1d8e61382d2d0fe2bbcf.jpg

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:
fbad9f646fb7929e08ec45e79248f5fe.jpg

0$ runs rides needs a life, lift, wheels, tires,paint and an XL 250 lump

Nice find tune, and i agree on the lift wheels and paint. I would look for a sled engine to drop in there though, probably easier to make work and probably a bit more guts.
My cousin put a 440 articat (suzuki spirit) into his, that thing was the tits.

put a cx500 cdi engine in it only need a kill switch

50 hp would move it around

cxman said:
put a cx500 cdi engine in it only need a kill switch

50 hp would move it around
+1000

That would be dope, probably find one cheap too. Cooling would be simple with the radiator... fab some motor mounts and you'd be pretty much good to go

Back
Top Bottom