Attachments

• soft face hammer.jpg
    soft face hammer.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 433
Re: Re: picture of your homemade tools

pidjones said:
RU from Tennessee?

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Hey I was in a hurry to get it done, didnt want to rent a trencher and or dig it by hand.
It was done in a half and hour with tools on hand. haha

Origami Paint Booth

I needed a 'paint booth' space in the shop and didn't want something that would take up a lot of space, especially when not in use. So I put together a crude paint booth that folds up and can be tucked away for future use. When using various paints, I found a lot of dusty residue laying on the floor that swept up easy enough but was messy and can potentially get onto my other bikes..

Using 2x4' sheets of corrugated plastic sheets (sign making stuff being tossed out) and 3/4" plastic tubing that can be taken apart (1 inch would have been sturdier in hindsight), and judicious amounts of the RedGreen stuff (Duct Tape), this booth has it's panels attached in such a way that when storing the booth, I can fold it up to where it's only about 4 inches thick, easy to stick it behind something and out of the way. The vacuum collector box in the back of the booth seems to work great as there is no residue on the floor. it's the bulkiest part of the setup as I needed to make it rigid for holding the vacuum tube. It also works great on it's own as a shop ambient air dust collector with a bathroom fan attached to the back end..

Takes about 2 minutes to clean it out, fold it up and tuck it away.. Putting it together takes about 5 minutes as one edge has to be tapes back together to make the big box solid.

Its a bodged up system, not pretty but it works as intended.. might come in useful should I decide to try my hand at DIY powder coating small parts later on..

http://www.eastcoastphotos.com/gs650g/picture0131.jpg

http://www.eastcoastphotos.com/gs650g/picture0132.jpg

http://www.eastcoastphotos.com/gs650g/picture0133.jpg

I have to do all of my spray painting outside since the garage is in our basement. Not only am I restricted by the weather out there, but things love to fall on what you are painting out of the trees. We used to have a boat that we parked under a portable awning. When we finally sold it (happy day!), I took down the shelter and saved the poles and joiners. Cobbled a few of them together with a tarp over them to knock down breezes and cover the work.

"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387322640186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387322640186.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 423
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387322683401.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387322683401.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 421
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387322736651.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387322736651.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 421
Rich Ard said:
I would have painted it red instead
Good call richard maybe next time buddy LIKE YOU COULD HAVE PICKED OUT A BETTER SHADE OF GRAY.GOD DAMIT... I HATE THE COLOR BLIND

bradj said:
Good call richard maybe next time buddy LIKE YOU COULD HAVE PICKED OUT A BETTER SHADE OF GRAY.GOD DAMIT... I HATE THE COLOR BLIND

They really are a subclass of human being. A failure of evolution if you will.
its-funny-because-its-true-no-19311-1278042574-9.jpg

Rich Ard said:
I love it when my friends agree with me!

In all seriousness though can you read the picture I posted? (the one before this one)
Color_Blind.jpg

bradj said:
nice idint kno you wre a fan of trail 90 red

My daily rider is belt driven and the belt needs to be tightened so as to deflect x inches when 10 lbs force is applied. Belt tension is discussed for ever on other sites so I built this to provide 10 lbs of force relatively consistantly.

IMG_20140319_160350.jpg

IMG_20140319_160313.jpg

cqyqte said:
My daily rider is belt driven and the belt needs to be tightened so as to deflect x inches when 10 lbs force is applied. Belt tension is discussed for ever on other sites so I built this to provide 10 lbs of force relatively consistantly.

IMG_20140319_160350.jpg

IMG_20140319_160313.jpg

How do you know when you're at 10 lbs? mark it with a scale?

Torqued the nylon locking nut down until the hardware store electronic scale read 10 lbs consistently when the plastic sleeve just moved away from the bolt head.

SONIC. said:
They really are a subclass of human being. A failure of evolution if you will.
its-funny-because-its-true-no-19311-1278042574-9.jpg

The great thing is we get to fill in that bubbly nonsense with whatever we want it to say.

PbLDslr.gif

(unless the bright side is green or brown)

END OF LINE

Back
Top Bottom