CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "got some nice lines now"

I really tried everything, bought some new tools, headed the damm thing, cut of the top n bottom of the bolt to get more grip, but still nothing, so desided to kill the m*therf*cker, i know i know, its kinda stupid but i couldt win this game the fair way. so:

Happy as i was with my new heating fohn and big grabbing thingy

i started to fighting with the cooling bolt

the lovely bolt

Well, that wasnt working, so i got the grinder out :O

the horror :-X

after this little nightmare i finnaly got the engine out :D:D

Excuse my french for the hipster filter

and finishd the tripple tree, might give it a little swoosh with some sanding paper, but for now its good.

cafe mike said:
Holy shit bro! Looks like someone got pissed off! I second the weld a socket to it.

Haha i know, but after a week of wrestlng with it and nothing having a welding macine around i did it the ichiban way.
Just bought a new oil pan for €45,- so problem solved.

cb400f caferacer said:
Haha i know, but after a week of wrestlng with it and nothing having a welding macine around i did it the ichiban way.
Just bought a new oil pan for €45,- so problem solved.

€7,50

;) :-X

also fits on a 400four.....

Nice project man, I'm slowely working on a XL 125 to make a tracker styled bike. Actually hope to get it done this summer but still need to get the engine running and I still have a lot of work that needs to be done. Good thing is that the bike is pretty rust free. I'm from The Hague ;)

Re: CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "time to get "really"started"

So after doing some stuff around the house n building some fixies for friends i got some time to do a little work on the cb400

First of all did some work in the mini shop ( witch is 1m x 1.5m )

Decided on the paint sceme:

Mattblack for frame, wheels, forks, engine, springs, etc.-
Matt Light grey for Tanks n Seat
Bright orange for highligts like: 1 spoke in the wheel, some bolds, etc.-
cognac brown for the leather of seat n handlebars

Did a little try out with some camouflage matt black on a part of the front fork ( just for the try )

The seat as it is now is really F*ckd up, i used a very cheap fiber and matt, so i decided to keep the shape as it is but tape it in and use it as a mold. So its lighter and harder. Bought some thicker fibers and better epoxy so that will do the trick.
:eek: :eek:

And started at working on the engine ;D( at least the cleaning of it )

So thats it for now,

Tips, trics, and all of that are more than welcome.

Thanks for watching

jsnabbs said:
soda blast that sucker

You mean the engine right? well im still a little doubting, im not a mechanic but want to do a good job on rebuilding the bike.
If i want to sandblast n paint the engine i do have to take the whole thing apart right?

i know this isnt the place, but i just found after a long search online all the user manuals for honda cb350 cb400f cb550 and cb750
http://www.honda4fun.com/materiale-documentazione-tecnica/shop-manual

You welcome, and im sorry for the misplaced tip :D

Re: CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "got some nice lines now"

If you get any blasting done makr sure it is soda and not sand. Soda can be washed off with water and won't cause problems if it somehow enters the engine.

Re: CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "got some nice lines now"

Brodie said:
If you get any blasting done makr sure it is soda and not sand. Soda can be washed off with water and won't cause problems if it somehow enters the engine.

This

You dont have to take it apart, just makesure you plug up the hole well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZhBQXm4yBY

I used this! Just spray, let it soak in and wipe it off! Works perfect!

remreiniger_12.jpg

http://youtu.be/DivDCRP-Juk

Another tip...

While you're still working on that side of the engine is to replace the O-rings of the oil pump.
350OPset-5.JPG

And the oilseal of the gearshifter

91206-286-013-5.JPG

They are not very expensive and save you a lot off trouble

CB400F first cafe racer | from Holland "im back"

Holy Moly its been awhile..

..Sorry guys but there was a lot going on in my private life new job, gf, home, etc,-
But im back and after finishing my new car

This Volvo 66 from 1979

So i moved, and now own a nice garage for myself, as you may know my former "workshop" was a space of 1m x 2m so the bike nearly fitted in.

I movede the bike in pieces and am building it back up now so i can make a decent plan on moving forward.

The saddle/ass i made was of pretty poor polyester and kinda weak so i bought better material and used the current saddle as a mall for the new one.

...Soon more :)

I know that feeling too :p glad to see ya back at it mate heres to reading more of ya updates n pics four wheels looks a cool ride too 8) keep goin we all get there in the end ;)

Back
Top Bottom