Electric Ninja 250 Cafe

Just my opinion, but I think a taillight like this would look fantastic on the bike.
e2c637d8df8fa661bf56b942b5c3fed0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn dude, your really getting me moved toward scrapping one of my existing projects and trying to build something like this.

JSJamboree said:
Damn dude, your really getting me moved toward scrapping one of my existing projects and trying to build something like this.

Thanks man. Compared to working on my CB360, this little guy is a breeze.

JSJamboree said:

Dibs on the Triumph! OR that Red one you got will do.

I've been following this build w/ interest all along but it didn't occur to me until I looked at the picture w/ the chain and sprocket on the motor; I bet this bike will take some amount of adjustment to a riders usual riding style because of the lack of compression braking when you roll off the throttle. It wouldn't be bad as long as you expected it and were use to it. Of course then there's the whole "loud pipes save lives" thing... Great build and excellent work!

Thats an awesome project you got going on!! In electric bikes in general if you go thru a puddle or a unexpected light rain, is it safe to ride? Would it damage anything?

Jramos13 said:
Thats an awesome project you got going on!! In electric bikes in general if you go thru a puddle or a unexpected light rain, is it safe to ride? Would it damage anything?

All of the components are water resistant, the only one that's not so much is the contactor (because I got a cheap one, may upgrade later. All of the connections will also have vinyl terminal boots as well.

Battery building:

jbRz3tWGFhQKxKLI4uwT9EN0V5i8hEkUe63qrd4HCJo=w1698-h955-no

2GocAZqdMQL4HVAhe7CsPDj2WInVHByLCEx8Zc3iW-c=w1698-h955-no

TiDIMTg_nN4TiiiagmBcsMR90668r1fPgF1XxhZAAvk=w1698-h955-no

e4a8Axsp9kVtNc7HFtKHuOLlbgPxl5UNmpWRFgWJipg=w1698-h955-no

qEspFF4J0HFYHXrBEFPiTZxTiG4wfO70PSeUSUrBbYQ=w1698-h955-no

Plexi cover (final will be thicker).

The cell boards monitor 2 packs, with 10 packs total I needed 5 boards. They balance the cells as they are charging, and cut the throttle when the batteries are too low so they don't get damaged. It also shuts the charger off when the batteries are full. All around handy little system called MiniBMS.

http://minibms.mybigcommerce.com/

YCYN0nwbupjhx8dJUbFBrgce0k9HQU8fjyN5jX6MpCk=w1698-h955-no

1JTn5pjLDwVsc1CASshK0IUpWhWla6D0zS5dQNbQbQo=w1698-h955-no

We were able to use a jack to lift the batteries into the frame. First time having everything together, pretty satisfying.

Post some vids when you get it running!! Looking foward to seeing the end result!! Awesome peoject!

Back
Top Bottom