1975 cb750 I guess you classify this as a tracker ?!

There are a ton of "experts" on here that live to tell you everything you do wrong. Love me a good internet expert.

I don't get why some guys think a bike is not allowed to look good or that someone built a bike for looks only. My build looks great and runs and performs really well too. It's okay to have both.

Personally I like to look at sweet bikes online, gives inspiration. I think it's pretty awesome to have sites like Instagram for that very reason.

Also, I'm calling bullshit on the pods thing as well. I have seen and ridden Plenty of bikes with pods that run GREat. And I never have agreed with the "must have a fork brace" statement either. They didn't have one from the factory and they are fine without them. And don't tell me that flimsy piece of steel that is a fender mount does anything to brace the fork.

I've been to this guys shop, seen his work. He is a for real full time, top notch builder. We should welcome guys like that to this group. When you pick apart the work of a pro you kind of sound like a fool.

Yeah Son!

Love the build BtW. Although I'd call it more of a scrambler as opposed to a tracker, but whatever.

Yeah Son!

Loctite77 said:
When you pick apart the work of a pro you kind of sound like a fool.

Asking a question is not picking something apart.
To me blindly say that a "pro" can not be questions only make YOU look like a fool.

Absolutely welcome people that have skills to be a part of this, or any forum.
To me it is the DISCUSSION about things that makes everyone better. Just endless streams of "like" do nothing of substance.

surffly said:
Asking a question is not picking something apart.
To me blindly say that a "pro" can not be questions only make YOU look like a fool.

Absolutely welcome people that have skills to be a part of this, or any forum.
To me it is the DISCUSSION about things that makes everyone better. Just endless streams of "like" do nothing of substance.

Questions are one thing, but statements like "can't run well" or "you need to do this" are hardly questions rather opinionated statements.

Yeah Son!

Loctite77 said:
Questions are one thing, but statements like "can't run well" or "you need to do this" are hardly questions rather opinionated statements.

Yeah Son!

Where did I say the owner/builder needed to do anything?
Offered some help on a brake upgrade.
Suggested the use of a fork brace (those are also NOT stock 1975 CB750 forks)

As for the pods I do stand by the comment.
Again this is a topic that has been beaten to death.
Fully understand that guys tune to a point that they are happy with. Its fine. Everyone wants different things.
What my comment focused on was that the running (in not only my opinion) issue need not be there because of the lines of the bike with the stock airbox.
This is different when talking about wet sump bikes that can more easily be built with that "open triangle" look.

CLEARLY the person that pony'ed up to the table and paid for the bike is happy. If this was not the case the builder would never be advertising the finished bike.
At the end of the day the owner is the only person whos opinion matters.

I think that discussion of real, preserved or imaginary "issues" can only help everyone.
How many times has someone come to post something that looks like a death trap and is questioned.....but it was the angle of the picture that was the issue?
Is that conversation such a determent to the world?
What about something that IS actually a deathtrap that no one ever points out? And then some newbie finds it on instagram and copies it without knowing the pitfalls?
How was he helped?

FOR THE RECORD so that someone else doesn't get upset.
I never said THIS bike was or is a deathtrap.

If I end up keeping my other Commando I would like to do something similar to this.
07_08_2015_Gasbox_Norton_Commando_051_zpsl4dt3amy.jpg

So it isn't like I don't get the appeal of a "cool" looking bike.

Back
Top Bottom