sh!tbox CM400 project. 4/30 ttfn

Re: sh!tbox CM400 brat ish project. 8/15/10 update.. finally

I'll try and take some measurements today. Short shocks are a no go, I didn't think about where to stretch the swinarm till after it was done and since it was done in the legs instead of close to the mounts it still bottoms out on the frame!! Sooo, if you do stretch yours make sure you do it close to the swingarm bolt!!

Looks great Marc! I love how mean she is starting to look.

Just a thought man, since you have access to a welder, I am looking at that rear frame and that nice clean piece of bent tubing there...if it were me I would cut off what's left of the old stamped steel seat rail that is holding the shocks on and clean that tube up...its such a pretty bend there. Then you can make a much cleaner tubular shock mount and just clean everything up. By the way, I hate stamped steel!!!

Looking really good man. Keep it up! 8)

Do the shocks still actuate quite a bit at that angle? Trying to figure out at what "extreme" angle the shocks stop working. Sounds counter productive for keeping the bike a soft-tail, but I want 'em that way! Lol.

hey there,

love the progress, the best thing i believe that you could have done was extend the swing arm, it looks sick.
the stance is alot better, and will make a much nicer bratt/bobber.
any way, great job. as for the tank, i would keep the second one, with the knee dents.
my 2 cents,
later.

now that is a wicked stance! love it, that dip the frame has just looks so trick with the stretch!

Thanks for the responses everybody!!

BMC - Shocks still work great, on this frame I should have had the swinarm stretched close to the mounting bolt though because it still bottoms out. They work great for the probably 2" of play I have though!! Might try to find some stiffer springs....

Here's a couple quick shots of plans for the tank....

Top of the tank...
P1010677.jpg

Soon to be new top of the tank...
P1010678.jpg

The donor (might not have cut it up if I had realized how clean it was inside)...
P1010679.jpg

Looking into using the back part of the tank for some sort of tail as opposed to running a fender... We'll see!!!

if you have no use for it, ill take that back 1/2 of the tank!

I'll let you know if I don't use it Joe

Re: sh!tbox CM400 brat ish project. 10/2/10 mini update..

Narrowed the cutoff tank shell by 1" but I'm not really feeling it... I still have to do more cutting before I make a final decision on wether to keep it or run a small fender of some sort.

P1010843.jpg

P1010845.jpg

P1010846.jpg

P1010847.jpg

Also picked up a CR250 carb for the single carb attempt, I've seen guys doing it on KZ's with sucess so I'm hoping it works on the honda.

P1010848.jpg

As always feedback is welcomed!!

Planning on getting the stuff for the manifold today. well the first manifold... no comments on the tail? Looks like shit... might look ok... push it off a bridge... anything?

I think it would look best with out a tail, just end it with a seat - provided you have a seat with the right look. That solo seat pan you had before looked best imo. -MBS

I decided against the tail... Started a pan out of some 10g I had in the garage.
It's still very rough, rear needs to be bent upward for tire clearance.
Also still needs shaped a bit more to follow the frame.
One of the old guys I work with gave me a sheet of copper (about 12g) so I'm going to make a cover for the tank mount bolt and probably a few other parts in addition to the intake manifold.

Anyways, here's a few pics, as always input is appreciated!!!

P1010899.jpg

P1010900.jpg

P1010901.jpg

P1010904.jpg

P1010907.jpg

Re: sh!tbox CM400 brat ish project. 10/23/10 update..

Man I'm loving that stance. How are you planing to upholster the seat pan?

Wow, that bikes pretty rad!! Thanks for the compliment BMC!!!

CresentSon said:
Man I'm loving that stance. How are you planing to upholster the seat pan?

Hoping to find some of that tuck and roll marine vinyl!!

nah, it's actually coming apart... I might have a line on a hardtail frame for the engine and paperwork (frame set up to use harley wheels and front end). Front end and wheels are going to be used on this cb350 I've had sitting around a while. What's left will probably get parted out.

I might be interested in the beat in tank if youre gonna let that go. I just got a cb400t in pcs and im gonna make a little barhopper out of it.

Re: sh!tbox CM400 brat ish project. 3/31/11 rip

jpapazit said:
I might be interested in the beat in tank if youre gonna let that go. I just got a cb400t in pcs and im gonna make a little barhopper out of it.

It might be for sale, I'll let you know after sunday!!

the sh!tbox will be going into a custom hardtail cb450 nighthawk frame... I'll have the frame sunday!!

Back
Top Bottom