So... Jenn FINALLY has a build thread: '71 CB350

haircuttergirl

Over 1,000 Posts
Finally getting a build thread started... Go, me!

I picked up a '71 CB350 from my buddy Travis (thompsonmx100). It's not running... Needs battery, carbs, wiring harness, controls, etc. It needs pretty much everything-- exactly what I wanted! :D

My plan is to turn my little disaster into a pretty bobber. Since I'm a shortie, lower profile bikes appeal to me greatly. I will lower the forks and trade out to shorter shocks. Rough riding isn't on my agenda, so I'm not very concerned about it sitting lower.
It currently has CL pipes on it, which I wasn't too crazy about to begin with (yes, I know that's not the popular idea), but they are growing on me, so I think I'll likely stick with them. At least for now.

Short break with Mr. E.

The seat pan was awful (handmade and stick welded onto the bare frame), definitely doesn't suit my goal, so decided to get rid of it and start fresh.

Of course... since it was welded on, I got to play with fire.

Victory is mine.

End of night #1...

Just want to take a moment to say THANKS to a few people:

**Travis (thompsonmx100) for giving me a helluva good deal on my bike. You are awesome, fella. It was most definitely a pleasure doing business with you. :D

**Eric (trek97) I am certain you're just as excited about this bike project as I am! THANK YOU for the box of goodies you sent to me. It was like Christmas when those packages arrived at my house. Especially since they were for ME, not E!
Here's a preview of the fender, headlight, and tail light you sent:

**SHUPE (JustinLonghorn) I probably wouldn't have gotten involved in DTT if you hadn't made me feel so welcome way back when, so thank you for that... and for answering all my silly questions thus far. I will have plenty more for you, ya hack. ;)

**My Mr. E... Thank you for allowing me to invade your mancave, wrench with you, and smoke your pipes. I promise I will not drink the last beer. ;)

VonYinzer said:
A bobber eh? Interesting...

How's the motor look?
When E pulled it out he said there was nothing rattling around in it. Good sign #1...
Other than that, not sure. Haven't opened the lid yet.

haircuttergirl said:
When E pulled it out he said there was nothing rattling around in it. Good sign #1...

thats what SHE said! ;)

GO GIRL POWER! I think a bobber for a girl would be called a "BOOB"er... Wah Wah Waaaah.

haircuttergirl said:
I promise I will not drink the last beer. ;)

Mr E
there it is....good thing you got that in writing.

Looks like a great start...... keep dem' pics coming. Purple metalflake with pink lace would look wild on your bike.

dewjantim said:
Looks like a great start...... keep dem' pics coming. Purple metalflake with pink lace would look wild on your bike.
Was thinking black/gray, black/burgundy, or burgundy/gray combo... Still definitely leaning towards the lace paint though, at least as an accent. I just dig it.

Awesome! I have a metric fuckton of cb/cl 350 parts. Let me know if you need anything. I highly recommend slapping a Pamco ignition on that. The bikes love them. Keep the pics coming. Good start for day one.

djelliott said:
Awesome! I have a metric fuckton of cb/cl 350 parts. Let me know if you need anything. I highly recommend slapping a Pamco ignition on that. The bikes love them. Keep the pics coming. Good start for day one.
I'll likely be in touch for parts. And Pamco ignition it is. E recommended the same. :) :) THANKS!

DreadRock said:
Done yet ?
What is this, a conspiracy between you and Dock? :p

Back
Top Bottom