Anybody share in my other hobby?

Mausers are awesome boingk, a guy at work has his Fathers K-98 that he had me bring home and see if it was safe to fire. I was like, "Are you serious Mauser actions are the best you can get!"
So I brought it home and gave it a good cleaning / inspection and it was minty shiney! I ran a box of 20 rounds of 8mm through it and fell in love. I took it back to him and told him if he ever wants to sell it to let me know FIRST! That was two autumns ago.. He still hasn't shot it! :eek:

Got a Surefire G2 Pro light and a Impact Weapons Components light mount for my rifle. Yay! Time to stop paying for gun parts and start buying bike parts!

DSC03442.jpg

DSC03443.jpg

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03446.jpg

DSC03445.jpg

DSC03444.jpg

Damn. Y'all some potentially crazy mo-fo's with your arsenals. DTT could be a legit force ;)

AHHHHH Zombie Thread!!!! Kill it!!! Shoot it in the head!!!!!

HAHAHA just kidding.

Some pics to maybe keep the thread going:

The can is an 45 Osprey on my Sig and my GLOCK...
IMAG1122.jpg

DSC04258-2.jpg

I'm proud of the rifle as I built it myself from parts sourced from the internet. The LAW rocket tube is inert having already been fired.
IMAG1358.jpg

IMAG1360.jpg

IMAG1363.jpg

I guess its time for an update...

DSC_0202-1.jpg

Top to bottom:
"
.308 Savage Left hand bolt, youth stock, "accu trigger", Nikon scope (Its actually the wifes)

.308 Remingnton Gamemaster Model 760

.45 Colt Uberti revolver rifle. Half done building a scope mount, then a forestock and folding rear stock (maintaining the legal 66cm min length in canada)
Engraving, gold inlay and eventually a Unertl scope like this:
Unertl1.jpg

.30-30 Winchester
12ga, 12ga, .3006 from page 1 or 2.

I love the direction you are going in with that Uberti!!! Its like something out of a western where Clint Eastwood pulls a special weapon out of a scrabbard on his horse! That Unertl scope is tasty!!!!

Try as I might, I cant find anyone actually mounting a scope to one... I need it because my eyes suck. Its dead on at 50 yards, I just cant see the target well enough with the open sights past that. Its just a 7x el cheapo from Canadian Tire.

My goal is a 200 yard grouping of about a foot. My calculations show if I use the Hornady FTX it will drop about 40" and from 950fps to under 800 fps. It will take about .7 seconds to do that 200 yards! I want people to laugh as I sit down at the long distance range and see the jaws hit the dirt as I smack the gongs.

I want to build somethig that never was but with all the technoligy, had potential to exist.

My inspiration:

18217777_10_Carbine_1902.jpg

BCA_Scop_Henry22.jpg

quigley.jpg

ak_eg_sidefolder.jpg

This is what Uncle Sam has issued me... M4 w/ H&K M320 40mm launcher and an Aimpoint M68 CCO and PEQ-15.

This isn't my weapon, its a Google pic, but its an identical set-up. I'm running a single point sling, as opposed the the 2 point. My CCO is moved up as far on the top receiver tail as possible, too.
317329_794295009605_33404371_38364506_263297341_n.jpg

Garage Rat: What do you have planned for the Polish AK folding stock (the last picture)?

Cory: Appreciate your service! I have to admit, I am surprised to see the HK M320 mounted up instead of the ol' M203! I didn't know you guys had gone over to those. I'm gonna have to post up a pic of my patrol (police) carbine now! (nowhere near as cool as your work setup!)

I want a folding stock, not that one just perhaps a wire style like that. I need to convert it to a pistol grip first and do a little custom work. I understand I'm kinda going a little in both directions with a compact long distance carbine but whatever, its mine.

I was doing some more calculating, at 300 yards my bullet will drop around 180 inches!

I want to make a video with a few ballons in the flight path of the bullet before it hits the target. 200 is within reach but 300...

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/ballistic-trajectory-chart.php?t=435df6f6

Garage Rat: Its gonna take some work, but hella cool and unique!

Here is one that I just recently got back from a gun smith, AFTER FIVE YEARS!!! The gunsmith was recomended to me by a superior at work, and he handed off the gun to him for custom work. A couple months later, I met the gunsmith through another coworker, we figured out he had my pistol, and we became friends. Ugh. Buisness and friends can be a rocky road. It took five years to get my pistol back!

Here is how it started:
85026bcbfd7b.jpg

I bought some nice Knill grips for it from Germany:
a7a82f8f4072.jpg

472dd4eb8ba6.jpg

And after five years of being reworked!
finishedpara.jpg

Damn, I'd be totally pissed. I've had painters and bike shops hold on to my stuff for months, but years? Never again. I have learned to give deadlines and set prices. Saves a lot of anxiety! :-D

I was pissed. And I bugged him relentlessly about it. But on the other side of the coin, in the five years I've known him, he has taught me a lot about precision rifle and been a good go to guy for info and classes. It kinda balanced out.

In the past three years, I've built six ARs from parts, and converted one Saiga to original, non-full auto configuration. I used to shoot IDPA and 3-Gun, but haven't had the time to spend the entire day on one match. I really should get back into IDPA, I'm actually ranked in it.

For me, guns are tools and not a hobby--I don't tinker with them, just use them and make sure they're properly, regularly maintained by professionals. Accessories are pretty limited to lights and appropriate sights, maybe a vertical foregrip on an AR pattern rifle. (Have gone with and without; think I prefer without just based on my long years as a jarhead with an M16A2.) Reliability is first and foremost over any other priority for me, including absolute target-range precision or "melt jobs" or even comfort.

I'm pretty boring with guns. Got too many other hobbies and stuff to tinker with.

And I think a lot of people put money into guns when they should be putting it into ammo and training. 'Course it depends, again, on your priorities and whether your guns are used for amusement, for harvesting food, for killing people, or a mix thereof.

Back
Top Bottom