CB350 Disc Brake Upgrade

o1marc

Over 1,000 Posts
Thought I might share this pic of my friend Charlie's Brembo calipered disc brake upgrade to his race CB350:

Nice setup. Do you have any more info? Caliper model, Disc dimensions, spacers needed etc.

He used a maximum allowable 300mm rotor for best clearance on the spokes and laced it to a CB400f hub. Don't know what model Brembo caliper it is.

Looks like the "standard" vintage brembo.
BMWs and guzzis used them among other bikes. Fairly easy to find, work well and are not that expensive.

Nice upgrade

I believe it is a PO8 Caliper Google Motoguzzi Lemans 3 Front brake caliper , fairly cheap to buy

is there a pic of the other side of the fork/bracket showing how its actually attached to the fork leg?
i want to do something similar with my CB750K7 and would love to see how this one was done
cheers spotty

o1marc said:
Thought I mint share this pic of my friend Charlie's Brembo calipered disc brake upgrade to his race CB350:

Bump!

It looks like this is the inner spider from a cb350/360/400 disc bolted to a modern outer. What is the model of the outer disc?

CJDisaffected said:
Bump!

It looks like this is the inner spider from a cb350/360/400 disc bolted to a modern outer. What is the model of the outer disc?
Couldn't tell ya.

No big deal man. That image opened a whole new line of ideas for a me and my buddy. I will post a new thread once we get a little closer. Thanks!

CJDisaffected said:
No big deal man. That image opened a whole new line of ideas for a me and my buddy. I will post a new thread once we get a little closer. Thanks!
I'll try and find out for ya.

CJDisaffected said:
Here's what I found out:
The hub I already had an alloy rim laced to was a 4 bolt CB350G [disc brake] for which not much is available--but
the CB350G rotor consisted of an alloy carrier riveted to the actual disc with 6 rivets....I found a Yamaha match for the bolt circle.
"It's a larger diameter disc than required but the big diameter gives you more spoke /fork clearance for the caliper [I used a Brembo from a BMW K75]
All this was the long way around the barn--there's better hubs to start off with.....there's a brake co website somewhere that gives extensive replacement rotor dimensions"

It is an EBC floating rotor replacement for a Yamaha rotor.

I like how the caliper bracket was fabbed and then bolted to the existing threaded holes on the lower rather than welding the cast alum. w/ a special bracket and hope that it'll stay on.How does that BMW 'K' bike caliper bite down for him Marc ?

grcamna5 said:
I like how the caliper bracket was fabbed and then bolted to the existing threaded holes on the lower rather than welding the cast alum. w/ a special bracket and hope that it'll stay on.How does that BMW 'K' bike caliper bite down for him Marc ?
I don't know. All I can tell you is the guy is about my age (62) and he was the WERA Champ in 08 I believe, so it must work for him.

o1marc said:
Here's what I found out:
The hub I already had an alloy rim laced to was a 4 bolt CB350G [disc brake] for which not much is available--but
the CB350G rotor consisted of an alloy carrier riveted to the actual disc with 6 rivets....I found a Yamaha match for the bolt circle.
"It's a larger diameter disc than required but the big diameter gives you more spoke /fork clearance for the caliper [I used a Brembo from a BMW K75]
All this was the long way around the barn--there's better hubs to start off with.....there's a brake co website somewhere that gives extensive replacement rotor dimensions"

It is an EBC floating rotor replacement for a Yamaha rotor.

Sorry, kinda let this one go stale. You are correct. The 6 rivet pattern is IDENTICAL to the Yamaha 150mm 6-bolt pattern. That pattern is found on certain years of YZF R1/R6 in a 300mm disc and certain years of FJR1300s in 320mm, both with 0 offset making it perfect. The amount of modification needed to get the Honda spider to mate with the Yamaha disc is quite minimal. Needless to say I did a TON of digging on this one. I Sincerely hope to have some prototype pics with a 2 pot caliper to post soon.

Back
Top Bottom