My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *New Video*

clem said:
I was referring to number 28 in that diagram. On the stock RD carbs they are behind a brass ball. Doesn't look like yours have that brass ball.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app
Mine has the brass ball. I think I will remove the airscrew then blast it down in there with carb cleaner.

Original thought was to change the pilots from 45's to 40's but i'm wondering if i should go to 35's as the 40's still might not make much difference?

Here is a stock RD carb. At 8:00 o-clock is the inlet for the pilot system. That brass you see in there is the pilot needle. At 7:00 o-clock is the brass ball that closes off the drilling that connects to the pilot air supply. At 6:00 o-clock you can see the main air jet down inside the main air inlet. Typically on an off the shelf VM, the interchangeable air jet is in there but has a slot so you can screw it in and out.

Attachments

• 20170311_184046.jpg
    20170311_184046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254

Emulsion tube that is what it was called. Mine had so much crap in it the little holes were plugged. Removed it, cleaned it, and the bike ran better and responded to the air screw better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok guys finally had time to switch out the pilots from 45's to 35's. Fired it up again and it seems worse although I was able to get it to tick over. Air screws didn't seem to respond at all still. Just nothing down low. I did ride it around the block this time though and once you get it to clean up it flys ;D but as soon as you drop the revs back down it has nothing down low :mad: I think I'll try teazers advice and go the other way and order some 60 pilots. I have to d.o something! On another note the twin disc set up on the front is bloody awesome, some serious stopping power there.

#60 pilots arrived today, hopefully install and test tomorrow :)

Didn't thevstock T500 come with a 30 pilot jet? Seems crazy to have to go twice as large on the pilot but I may be wrong. Just thinking out loud.

Probably, but this bike is ported, has chambers and big carbs. Big carbs and a pipe that doesn't resonate at low revs , tends to result in slow air flow and hence the need for big jets to respond to the weaker signal. John already tried going smaller on slow jets and it seemed to make things worse, so I suggested he go big and see if that makes a difference.

Clem, that's correct, my T-500 is stock with 30 pilots. For an apple and orange comparison, my YZ490 has a 40 pilot in a VM38 and runs well.
Cheers, 50gary

As Richard says I already went smaller and it seemed worse. I hope to see a difference one way or the other with the 60's :)

I didnt realize that John went larger on the carbs over stock. What where they stock like 32mm?

Correct. 32mm

Pipes and porting can make a big difference at low revs/small throttle openings though and pilot jets are cheap. Easy for me to say because I keep box loads of them in stock for exactly this sort of situation with a new build.

teazer said:
Correct. 32mm

Pipes and porting can make a big difference at low revs/small throttle openings though and pilot jets are cheap. Easy for me to say because I keep box loads of them in stock for exactly this sort of situation with a new build.
After getting this one running right I'll have box loads of jets too ;D

teazer said:
Perfect for that next project...

Next project ;D I'm hoping to race the Baja 1000 (bike) and also do Pikes Peak so all projects are off until I get those out of the way 8)

Well I finally got the #60 pilots in and fired it up, unfortunately it is way worse with the big jets in there ??? So far I've tried 35's, 45's and 60's. Going to try throwing the original 25's back in there. Got to do something! I really need a half a day where I can just work on the bike with a box full of jets in front of me. It sounds great when it's on the main jet, I may even have to go a little bigger on those.

sounds like your throttle slide cut away my have gotten out if size for the mods you have done

Got the 25's in, hoping for test ride tomorrow 8)

Back
Top Bottom