XS1100 Bob concept

Here is one I always thought was pretty nice, even though it is flat black. The guy has since been making it into an endurance racer, though. IMO your standard tank will be a bit a problem.

This is pretty much a no welding method like you are talking, even using the stock special rear fender.

DSCF0271.jpg

t71ford said:
Here is one I always thought was pretty nice, even though it is flat black. The guy has since been making it into an endurance racer, though. IMO your standard tank will be a bit a problem.

This is pretty much a no welding method like you are talking, even using the stock special rear fender.

Cool pic, thanks t71. I'm tracking down a special tank right now. Got a post on it on the xs11 boards.

If it'll help...I've got an 850 special tank....I don't know if it's a drop on for the 11 but possible?
if you want it hit me up and we'll work something out.
fyi: paint isn't pretty but it's solid....

I am painting a new tank for my special right now, (I am switching to a standard tank since it fits the cafe profile a little better). It is custom painted with a lot of airbrush work on, though, which is not everyone's bag. I will be selling it in the next few weeks just as soon as I finish painting the new one. PM me if you are interested.

cafebike013-1.jpg

bike002.jpg

t71ford said:
I am painting a new tank for my special right now, (I am switching to a standard tank since it fits the cafe profile a little better). It is custom painted with a lot of airbrush work on, though, which is not everyone's bag. I will be selling it in the next few weeks just as soon as I finish painting the new one. PM me if you are interested.

cafebike013-1.jpg

bike002.jpg

I have a chance to pick up an XS 1100 for cheap and looks like there's lots of potential in that. I just need to pull the trigger is all. Love the skull on the tank specially with the stogie. Looks like an Arturo Fuente eh? Sweet bike.

Here's where we sit right now. I have a small fender still to put on back. This weekend will be cleaning up the wiring. Just glad the electrical all works now. Love the new headlight. Not a bobber in the traditional sense, I guess, but I'm happy with how it's coming along. That front fender is bothering me now...

DSC00081.jpg

Bit of a change from this.

PICT0164.jpg

I'm thinking of some combination of the following. Either cut the red cowl to fit and the fender, or just the cowl, or just the fender.

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00084.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

Coming along. Didn't get to go to the Ypsi ton-up fest, but I did get to work on my bike.

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Nice photoshop work!

Didn't think about painting the new headlight bucket, but that does look sharp. Think I should paint the rear fender?

The only other input I'll muddy the water with at this point would be to consider a small cateye type tail light right behind the seat as opposed to the played out side mount. Just my take, it's your ride mate and it's shaping up nicely.....

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not crazy about the side-mount, but it's stuff I had in the garage. I'd like to mount a brake/tail like you've suggested, but I have no clue what I'd do with the license plate at that point.

Yeah plates are the bane of a good looking bike...that's for certain..
You're pretty much stuck hanging it off the tail light, in the center. It's looking like most states are adopting the 'plate in the center' as law...one more way a porkchop can mess with you..

Back
Top Bottom