the gs300.

hurley209

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
sup guys, so ive been bitten by the bob and chop bug mike, justin, and louie have been bitten by, and now, well, im doing it too. lol
have an old gs300 sitting in the garage with no title, so im gonna use the engine and then just find a cheap titled frame.
this will be a slow build, but a build none the less.
the bike is pretty stripped so i will have to make my own wiring and all that fun stuff lol.

first thing on the to do list, pull the motor and tear it down for some freshening up.

pics soon

Well get after it......Are you going with a rigid frame? What are your inspirations? What is in mind for the build?

i think i want to stretch the swing arm so that the shock sit as if it were rigid.
so il most likely be doin that and bracing the swinger.
as for inspiration, im not sure yet, i guess you could say im just going with my gut on this, although im sure im subliminaly influenced by falcons and lowbrows builds along with so many here on dtt.
il post some pics of the gs as well as some inspiration pics too. i feel i will be kinda taking bits from many different styles, and putting it together to my liking.
i want it to be simple, and just a little cruiser. speed is not an issue.

Rad...

I think you should start a new style "title"... Since we have other lame genre's such as "street tracker" <oxymoron!, bobber (built out of a factory sprung bike) Rat-bike= didnt want to take the time to do it right, and so on...

You should build a BOOBER! it's the latest thing man... be a pioneer, puss!

haha

Cant wait to see what you do BRAH!!!

hahahaha, maybe i can name it a "strat brocker"
a little bit of each hahaha.
thanks for the idea BRO BRUH! hahahaha

heres the bike in all of its non titled, half of a bike glory.
il most likely get a donor frame for title or use a certain hook up. he he he
louie pm me the info dude. por favor homie.

P1010940.jpg

alright, its been a busy past few days for me, but im gonna try and get some shop time tonight and strip it to the frame and engine.
hopefully do some frame chopping to

Right on man. You better paint her up in red, white, and green with a big golden eagle on the tank!

Cool bike to start with Hurley. What are you doing about the rear wheel? If you wanna swap it out I may be able to help.

hmmm, to tell you the truth i havent thought that far ahead lol.
you got any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you can use the majority of GS rear drum wheels. Just thinking if you do decide to swap it out, let me know. Have you thought about getting a front disc setup?

oh ok, gotcha..
i was actualy hoping to keep it drum and do cool vents and such.
maybe brass rivets and all that cool junk with the wheel painted black

wooo new pictures.
i cut the frame, and pulled the engine for tear down.
let the fun begin.

im thinkin a 5 or 6 inch stretch.

bfd0e14f-1.jpg

737cfd8f-1.jpg

dbb460ec-1.jpg

and a tired out shop buddy
f12e5162-1.jpg

full width
15078dd6-1.jpg

Looking good holmes. You dont want a stretch any longer than 4" though. Thats a small bike to begin with and a stretch any longer will be goofier than talking dog. Not to mention how it would effect your handling. Just a thought...

Just take the swinger off and move it back 4". Set something under it to keep it level, and set the frame at the ride height you want. Will give you a pretty good idea of what you'll end up with.

Back
Top Bottom