V-Star Lead Sled

jbrtwork

Been Around the Block
As my Seca II cafe project kept getting longer in the tooth, I bought a 2000 V-Star Classic XVS 650 just to have something to ride. As things turned out, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Not Bratstyle or a bobber, but something a little different.

I liked the fatty look of the bike and always liked rat rods and lead sleds, so, I took a crack at some mods that would really bring out this hot rod style. It came with Hard Krome Big Straights, I added Baron's Nostalgia Bars, slammed it 4" at the rear fender, cut down the seat, and rattle canned my wheels. I shaved the rear fender, added '59 Cadillac tail lights, and stripped the paint to bare metal. To prevent rust, I coated it with Permalac, a coating used by metal sculptors to protect artwork that's displayed outdoors. Although not popular on modified bikes, I went for the biggest windshield I could find just to add to the look of size. There are more mods to come, but this is pretty fun right now the way it is.

Attachments

• Low Oyster-small.jpg
    Low Oyster-small.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Oyster Can 3-2.jpg
    Oyster Can 3-2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 274
  • Oyster Can Rt Front-small.jpg
    Oyster Can Rt Front-small.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 242
Love it. Only thing that sticks out to me is the chrome pipes and engine parts. I'd take that stuff off and spray it with flat black high temp grill paint.

That's my plan. It's still early yet. Besides the pipes, which should wrap pretty well, I'll probably paint the air cleaner and the fake transmission parts.

Back
Top Bottom