CB360 project

Got a lot done in the past couple days. Finished my wiring harness following a modified version of sonreir's diagram at http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=52092.msg581707#msg581707. Just added the gauge lights and horn to the mix. I was originally planning on modifying the stock harness but ended up making a whole new one from scratch. I'm sure glad I did. It went a lot smoother than expected. I got pretty much all my parts from cycleterminal.com aside from a couple quick purchases at auto zone.

I also filled the motor with oil, adjusted the valves, and set static timing. Now I just need to triple check everything, connect exhaust and fuel, and prep for the first startup procedure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11494-200816163635.png

Finalized everything for first startup the past few days. Timing chain adjusted, static timing set, valves adjusted, oil level good, spark is strong, bolts all tight. So I put some gas in the tank and let her flow. Then noticed the right float must be stuck because fuel kept flowing out the overflow. Probably going to fix that this evening and start her up!

One other thing I need to do is build a stop for the center stand so it doesn't rub on the chain. Probably just run a bar from the rear footrest mounts for now until I get my exhaust finished. I'm planning on adding an upsweep extension to my pipes. Once I do that I'll have a better idea of what to do about the kick stands. I wish my center stand had the adjustable bolt that stops it on the frame tab behind the engine. Oh well.

Currently...

bc4ce5986a2ff9930ef05bbe73a284f1.jpg

pull the center stand off. Place it on the shelf along w a 5/8 x 8" bolt. Simply slip it on shove bolt in. No spring needed. Just use it when you need it, then pull it back off once finished.

trek97 said:
pull the center stand off. Place it on the shelf along w a 5/8 x 8" bolt. Simply slip it on shove bolt in. No spring needed. Just use it when you need it, then pull it back off once finished.
That's exactly what I do

(Bike looks nice too)

thrillseeker said:
Trek I like the way you think

Thanks I thought the voices in my head were the only ones.

Hopefully your exhaust isnt in the way. I may not have started doing that til my high pipes were installed.

trek97 said:

Me too ;)

My muffler is in the way but that's an easy bolt to loosen for now. I slipped a vacuum hose over the side stand so it doesn't rattle on the muffler for now

thrillseeker said:
My muffler is in the way but that's an easy bolt to loosen for now. I slipped a vacuum hose over the side stand so it doesn't rattle on the muffler for now

11494-200816163635.png

Just noticed the tail light/number plate bracket. You will need some sort of backing for plate as it will vibrate and crack (then fall off ;) )
I have picture of plate fying through the air when Brendon's broke but can't find it at present (had Go-Pro filming ride)

The plate itself will crack? You mean because it's only mounted by the top two holes?

It started up and ran for a minute but wouldn't stay running. So I got some tinkering to do

I got the bike running well but the head gasket started leaking. So after double checking torque specs and running again I decided to pull the head and inspect. It seems the mating surface of the head is warped slightly where it was leaking so I guess I'll have to get that machined. I guess these copper head gaskets are a little less forgiving than the paper ones

Yep, they are ;)
When everything is flat, they work much better at preventing future problems, though

crazypj said:
Yep, they are ;)
When everything is flat, they work much better at preventing future problems, though

Don't you need to heat them up (flame on) and anneal them prior to installation?

Back
Top Bottom