'71 Suzuki TS250 tracker - mock up

Re: '74 CB200 becomes '71 TS250 tracker

Hahaha, never! Well I guess I'll keep an open mind until the test ride...

Ha, and you KNOW that is coming...

I think I'll snap a pic of you on it when it does, and post it up here! It would be the equivalent of typing Google into Google--I think it would break the internet! :D

Hahaha! Dear God, that would ruin me.

Screw it, I'm down. ;D

Not much of an update, just some pics.

Got the bike stripped
250frame.jpg

Discovered the forks are tweaked. They're square with the frame in this shot...look at the tire. Yikes. Anybody have a spare set of '69-'71 TS250 forks laying around? Or rather, just the left one...
250forks.jpg

The gas in the float bowl was NEON green. The PO thought the bike wasn't running due to a "blown seal." Based on how he thought the bike was a '69 (it's a 71!), I'm going to wager he had no idea why it wasn't running. Fouled carb maybe?!? We'll see...
250carb.jpg

And since I watched The Big Lebowski recently, it was white Russian night in the shop. My brother helped me strip the bike, and needless to say, by the time we were finished we were pretty hammered. Him a little more so ;D but he does look happy with his bike, no?
250ben.jpg

Can you physically straighten out the front wheel? Sometimes really skinny forks just naturally twist left to right with no fork brace.

I don't think so, Rich. Well I guess I could do it, but it won't seal anymore. Tyler pointed out a gnarly little rub spot on the fork tube right above the seal. So the tube's scraping against the fork lower somewhere.

If you can use it, I have the front end off a 74 Kawasaki F7 you can have for the cost of shipping.

Really? Thanks man! Let me do some comparisons and I'll get back to you.

Hmmm, can't seem to find much info on the F7, Rich. Would you happen to know the fork tube diameter? and distance between the forks at the top clamp?

Re: '71 Suzuki TS250 tracker

mmmm...white russians. Cool pics of the teardown man. I would second guess the blown seal thing as well...it smell pretty funky.

Just checked: 30mm fork diameter and "about" 135.4mm between the forks. I say about because they are hanging from the wall and I had to twist myself around to get that measurement. I did check it a couple times and kept coming around 135.4.

Right on. The TS forks are 34mm if the internet isn't lying. Don't think they'll work, but thanks man! I'll double check when I head over to the shop tomorrow.

I had that exact bike in green then von ended up with it now i think the lump is at troys ts s are killer. A tm jug head and pipe would make that thing crazy and it all bolts on. Ill look if you want i may have carb, chamber and porting spec to copy suzukis race 250 from 71

Brad man, that would be awesome! Thanks

Yep, just want to see my options, nothing more. ;D

Rich, just measured the forks, they are indeed 34mm. So I'll probably keep looking on egay. I do appreciate the offer though!

Damn - I can't get rid of the things.......worth a shot though! 34mm? I think the early GS450's (and maybe 400 & 425's) had 34mm forks. Just an idea.

And I think Kanticoy has that lump that Bradj was talking about. We tried putting it together (drunkenly) and failed. Last I heard, Kiley waved some pixie dust on it and had it running within 20 minutes. Might just be a rumor though.......

Back
Top Bottom