'83 Suzuki GR650 "Tempter"

Could you tell me how you got those edges so clean around the frame and rear seat? Was it just shaped using the clamps and the hammer?

Pablo is a damn fine fabricator. Lots of experience and practice!

Looking killer, man!

MotorbikeBruno said:
Could you tell me how you got those edges so clean around the frame and rear seat? Was it just shaped using the clamps and the hammer?

english wheel, masking tape, sheet metal sheers, and lots of eye balling.

6813240977_5deeaf264e_z.jpg

6813241625_eb4ed5450e_z.jpg

That's a slick little headlight & mount Pablo. Along with the exhaust, seat, tank, etc, etc..........

Great work man!

I welded in a bung on the handlebar end for a bar-end mirror. It was very difficult to remove the powdercoat from the inside of the bars before welding.

7865724376_ed82f491fa.jpg

I fabbed up a bracket to hold some of the electronics and then drilled a bunch of holes in it.

7842284624_cdba71d061_c.jpg

And then I drilled some more holes in some more parts.

7865715616_ec7f821b7c_z.jpg

I drilled some more holes in things just for Swivel (he keeps PMing me to tell me how all my modifications are going to end up as huge disasters; his latest rant was the holes in the brake drum cover).

7218265788_4d616da569_c.jpg

Finally I'm painting something

7218266062_bd056c1340_z.jpg

And finally, a completely finished part:

7228235218_7f37860f26_z.jpg

Swivel is the "douche bag" of the site, I use ignore and never see anything he says anymore ;D. Keep doing your thing, I don't think Swivel even owns a bike, he has never posted anything even though hundreds of members have asked him too.

Cheers

Yeah, sorry about that Pablo. He's one of those people that just can't take the hint and delete his account. Many people have told him - only a coward sends pm after pm like that.

He actually has build thread.......oddly enough there isn't a single picture of anything he has done. Just a bunch of people calling him a d-bag.

Now he's being a real ass in his PMs. I found this just now
8053825130_281e85eff3_o.jpg

This rule should come with all new logins. I'm sure he drives lots of noobs away from the site.

Back to the build...

I painted the pipes so they wouldn't rust and fabbed up a slip fitting.

7842283450_47594e2dbe_c.jpg

Yeah, Tim should put a sticky up on how to do that. He really can piss people off and he has almost made some real contributing memebers consider leaving the site. If he ever met Bradj in person I think he would not live to tell about it.

I haven't trawled new threads on DTT for ages... man am I glad I did tonight!

I'm a bit of a Zuk fan and a scrambler fan, so to see this on a GR is just fantastic... I thought the pipes I had made for my GS were awesome but you've just taken it to a new level... love it!

Back
Top Bottom