'83 CM450e brat tracker

Yup. If your bike has already been plated in Alberta you won't have an issue BUT if you need to get an inspection to get your registration they'll hold you to all the regulations. That is; UNLESS you know somebody.

The bike was actually just OOPI'd buy the previous owner last summer, so its good to go :)

went and got my parcel, dang tires are here already! guess im doing some spooning this weekend.... I hate changing tires ha

2014-01-14180114_zpsaa21b5a8.jpg

and this was in the mailbox :)

2014-01-14180455_zpsf89caec3.jpg

Hey this is an awesome build, seems similar to what I'm doing, I'm working on an 82 nighthawk 450 going the tracker look with it too, excited to see how this goes

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Well assuming I get the tires on this weekend. It's pretty much 'put it back together time' curious to see how it looks myself.

I also have another parcel slip. It's either mirrors or helmet.

Just ordered a jet kit, new gas cap seal, petcock and throttle tube. That should handle the little bits. everything else I should be able to get locally easy enough.

gah I know... Only one shit job left and thats changing the tires.... then it all starts going back together hahaha

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Changed the tires today (video to come) got a bunch more painting done and swapped my new pegs on. I'll get the wheels painted throughout the week then re assemble the bike next weekend if all goes well.

emere4e3.jpg

etumuqe7.jpg

Old tire sidewall hahaha.

y3ugyzaq.jpg

'83 CM450e brat tracker

The Internet lies!!!!!!

Everything I read said a cb450 wheel should be a bolt in affair in the rear. Well that's not true. The cb uses a larger diameter axle, and a narrower swing arm. The overall axle length is the same. I can make the swing arm holes bigger easy enough but I'm going to need some longer spacers. Uhg. What a pain :(

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Well while I hunt down someone to make me spacers. I did a quick slap together tonight. I can't decide if I should paint the wheels or not.

asu7a8eb.jpg

'83 CM450e brat tracker

I'm sure I will eventually. The problem with that is it means I actually have to pick a color. I saw an all original 550/4 at the bike show this weekend in this amazing orange color that I really liked. Maybe I'll go with something like that.

Machinist found! :) just need to get my measurements.

gy3upe3e.jpg

It's those little hiccups that keep the build process interesting :) If it was easy, everybody would be doing it...

Are you planning to do anything with triangular space under the seat?

originally i was going to just make fill plates, but i need an electronics box anyway so im going to build that into that section, it'll eliminate the empty space but not be flush with the frame. Once that is in if it still looks like crap ill do fill plates as well.

going to buy a caliper at lunch so i can measure my spacers.

brought my speedo cases home and tried to put the speedo back together, the ring is just screwed though.... may have got a custom face for nothing hahaha

UPDATES!!!! ;D

Forgot to bring the gopro ::)

picked up some 1/8 flat bar and made proper seat mounts. I can lift the bike with them so that should be good enough. Made a little electronics box, my first time using cardboard engineering :) and threw my head light together in between coats of paint n everything. Still need to open up the swing arm for my 20mm axle. but man its close to going back together!

4C08964C-BD07-45C6-ADDF-233041E2832F_zpslu6iueih.jpg

E4D1FB66-12B5-46B2-8575-B3E6E2A72D70_zpswqf55np2.jpg

443554F9-DC02-4D22-8C2A-8036CD580C4F_zpsw1g2y0ad.jpg

AADB55C2-2037-4D8B-BE80-431C64C7DA59_zpsiywcrvoe.jpg

00BB3139-2764-4AE7-B938-11D8E9103BA9_zpsfjbud3zj.jpg

2B674348-8C67-4A55-B580-A3781AF5AB59_zpsuawry48x.jpg

Sub'd
Just read through the build and its coming together nicely.
Also, thanks for posting a video on the tires, ill be using it as reference once I start cleaning my rims and putting on the new tires. They happen to be Shinko 712's as well.

These tires went on super easy, I havnt done street tires before, just MX tires and they have sidewalls made out of steel hahaha

Back
Top Bottom