Check us out on TV! We Will Be On Wrench Against the Machine!

midnight08

So... after attending the Handbuilt Show with our latest build, I was contacted by the production crew of Esquire Network and asked if I would be interested in being on a bike build off show. I didn't think it was legitimate at the time, but it was!

The series premier airs on NOVEMBER 15th on the Esquire Network. Make sure you watch the show to see me go through the most grueling 72 hrs of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYA9Xz3ponE

Editing will make or break this show I believe. If it is 15 min clips re-hashed for the full hour it's gonna suck, It has potential to be great so I hope it is.

It definitely does have the potential. Knowing the reality of what they captured on camera, it will definitely be disappointing if they mess it up in editing.

So, Its how was the show? I dont have a real way to watch it but we are past the date. Was it awesome? Did it live up to your expectations or hopes?

JSJamboree,

The series premier was on the 15th. I enjoyed it. My episode is on 12/6 I am anxious to watch it and see how it accurately portrays the real life experience. I believe they did a good job at showing the struggles, but the first episode the teams were given brand new Indian Scouts and did not have some of the struggles that we had to experience.

seeing that first episode the show sucks hard,its pathetic and roland sands appears to have the persona of a 3x lobotomized pinhead
but i wish you well and hope above all you had a good time
but these shows are all the same,so lame, i cannot get over the stupidity it takes to put shit like that on tv, literally, painfull to watch
i just hope you smoke em with greatness

Xb33bsa Being out there was a ton of fun. It was an experience that I wouldn't trade anything for. The bike that we built came out extremely well for the time that we had and the transformation is 10x what you've seen on the show to date. I'm definitely interested to see what our episode turns out like. If the dont cut the good stuff... it should be a FAR superior episode.

I watched it last night. Definitely disappointing. There is no way the two builders thought that cleaning up a Harley was cool. They didn't do anything worthwhile to those new bikes. Damn I wanted it to be cool.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

J.Webster Designs said:
Xb33bsa Being out there was a ton of fun. It was an experience that I wouldn't trade anything for. The bike that we built came out extremely well for the time that we had and the transformation is 10x what you've seen on the show to date. I'm definitely interested to see what our episode turns out like. If the dont cut the good stuff... it should be a FAR superior episode.

Watched the first two, didn't think it was bad, I look forward to seeing your episode.

Jag767 - It will be interesting to see how they edit it out. I will take questions here for those interested in hearing how it was different from the real life experience.

i tried to watch again more morons without even a single clue,idiotic death trap rear suspension on both of them
whats with the morons and the starting fluid fetish ? its not needed unless your a complete clue vacant clown
hooking up the rear brake the only brake to be throttle side,hand lever activated ?
MORONS right then and there they should have been tossed off the set
i hope you guys can up the notches on what so far is a pathetically bad show

XB33BSA- Keep in mind... It's TV. There are certain things that happened in reality that may appear to be different in the final edit. Also, 3 days to do everything that happens is an incredibly short period of time. Especially when you have a producer pulling you aside every 5 minutes to ask you what you are doing. In reality, I would say we had more like 65 hours of build time of the 72hrs after all of the interviewing time and interruption. I'll be happy to answer questions on my particular episode as I know the truth in that instance. But I do know after talking with those in the episodes you reference, they had every intention of doing the things you are talking about. But when you have 72hrs to drive around an unfamiliar town, through LA traffic to hopefully find the parts you need. You definitely make sacrifices when you find something "close enough" and then you scramble to make it work. I know in our episode, there were a few items that were on the list that the judges are going to tear us apart for not doing as "safety hazards". We had every intention of doing them. There simply wasn't enough time.

my point is they haven't had a single person or builder on that set for any show that knows shit about motorcycles
there all just idiots hacking shit up

I've now just watched the first 2 episodes and I really don't see what the draw to the show is. Its just a bunch of short edits of different people doing different things with little fabrication being shown. Then they go out for the rides which seems more for the enjoyment of camera angles and showing off.

XB, Jay Lossa knows bikes as he has built a few really nice bikes. I'm sure they are confined by the show structure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom