1976 Honda CB360T - The first step is admitting I have a problem build

Check your timing.....My 360 has always run well on 87 Octane.....You shouldn't need 93...owners manual says 86 is enough.....

Glad it is still serving you well.....

My 360 is running well and I'll say, better than it did in the 70's....it starts right up, runs well, handles better than ever.... The new rims and spokes really reduced run-out and helped the handling.

The next time I have it apart, going to get the bronze swingarm bushings.....That will even help more....

She'll never handle like a Ducati, but at least she is a good as she can be.

Mydlyfkryzis said:
Check your timing.....My 360 has always run well on 87 Octane.....You shouldn't need 93...owners manual says 86 is enough.....

Glad it is still serving you well.....

My 360 is running well and I'll say, better than it did in the 70's....it starts right up, runs well, handles better than ever.... The new rims and spokes really reduced run-out and helped the handling.

The next time I have it apart, going to get the bronze swingarm bushings.....That will even help more....

She'll never handle like a Ducati, but at least she is a good as she can be.
Here in Canadaland, only a few places offer ethanol free gas and only in 91 octane. Also the compression on mine is so low I could run a turbo so I don't need high octane. I like your bike tricks, may try some myself.

Mydlyfkryzis said:

The funny thing is that the timing is dead on with my timing gun, and the advance is working properly too. I'm still running the Pamco electronic ignition, but that seems to emulate the stock timing pretty well. I got nothing...

??? I dont know??? BUT...

Im thinking you may want to experiment w a little hotter plug, than stock. Higher octane fuel is for higher compression engines. Requires more compression cause its harder to ignite.

Or, maybe this is the worst advice...burn a hole in piston??? Again IDK???

However mine gets along well running 90 octane w stock plugs. NGK B8ES

I am running pamco and iridium ngk plugs....but I ran well stock points too...

Maybe you are a little leaner mid range.....there are differences between years and variances between bikes, even float levels can cause differences. Except for a little goo in the bowls, ethanol has not hurt except for mileage. I am getting about 40, which is lower than the non ethanol years.

Yup, my choices are E10, E10, E10, or walking. Makes all the cars smell like they're making rum when they warm up in the morning, so I guess it's not all bad?

The 360 continues to fire up no matter how cold it's been and take me wherever I want to go. It also continues to mark its territory from what looks to be a leaky (new) clutch shaft seal. I suspect a new seal and polishing the clutch shaft would help, but I don't want to tear it down while we may still have nice days to ride.

Also, another bike wandered into my life after I got rid of the '83 Interceptor (to a guy who collects Interceptors - and I thought I was crazy! ;D ).

The frame is '77 CB750F Super Sport, the motor is a breathed on '78 K unit, the tank is off a CB750A, the front forks and triples are from an '83 CB1100F, the clip ons are VF750F Interceptor, the controls are DOHC CB750, and the rear sets are '89 CBR600RR. It's my "Cleaning out the attic" bike... http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,151611.0.html

nTGUmrQl.jpg

If your stock CB360 needs 93 octane, something is wrong....Runs best on 87 octane stock.

Mydlyfkryzis, worst 750 ever, or BEST 750 evar? ;D

As far as the 93 vs 87 octane situation, now that it's between 30-50 degrees F when I'm riding, the 87 octane is running better. I want to throw PJ's carbs back on the bike with the foam pod filters, but I don't want to take that bike off the road until there's snow on the ground.

I'm on vacation now and got to stop by the motorcycle museum in Solvang CA. Here's a couple of pictures you folks may appreciate:

Back
Top Bottom