1972 CB100 Honda..maybe for the wife.

budlite282 said:
Got more going into the roller.....hell could even try to start this thing by the weekend.

Video PLZ

The carb came in the mail today.

F-ing SWEET

Stopped to get a battery from advance, they wanted me to give them a number, guess o'reily's across town will be the one 2morrow on the way home from work.

6N6-3B Local "Interstate Batteries" had 2 on the shelf.

did git the spark plug.........and will try to wire it up with this raggity harness I have.

thinking of ordering this 50 bux harness from fleabay.

And sprockets and chain......sheeesh.........sh1ts expensive..........this little thing is costing me as much if not more than getting my 750 going.

Im seeing it dont matter what bike...CL100 - CB360 - whatever. There all gonna cost about the same to fix up. But atleast this time around I know WHAT TO BUY the first time and where to look for best prices.

O'Reilly's has those 6v batteries? That's cool. They always have the NGK B8ES plugs in stock too. FWIW, the Dean's Bridge Road Advance is the local mini warehouse. I usually end up going there for a lot of the "less likely to have in stock" parts. I do the online search for the part. There's an option to check stock at other stores. It gives you a list of the one's that have the part, which in our case is usually Dean's Bridge.

trek97 said:
OK BRO, now I dont want to piss you off in anyway...so, by no means do I intend any disrespect...

Just WTF is going on w that crazy headlight?!?!

haha......yea, I was waiting for comments on that.

It's gone.

trek97 said:
I almost speechless when I saw it...almost. ;)

I figured I get some responses like that, that's why I left it there, if you notice in the next picture, it's gone.............

Just some crap I had laying around, and was curious.

Like a kid in a candy store...............:

just have to show off new stuff:

Attachments

• P1040866.JPG
    P1040866.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 314
  • P1040868.JPG
    P1040868.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 308
  • P1040871.JPG
    P1040871.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 299
  • P1040875.JPG
    P1040875.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 309
  • P1040870.JPG
    P1040870.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 305
I intend to maybe later get a new slide and spring for the original, and rebuild it for use.

Just wasn't confident I could get it to work after rebuilding the engine with the bore at .50mm over.

Hopefully gonna try to fire this thing up this weekend.

112 degrees in the garage, just too freakin hot to be out there, after working in it all day.

deviant said:
O'Reilly's has those 6v batteries? That's cool. They always have the NGK B8ES plugs in stock too. FWIW, the Dean's Bridge Road Advance is the local mini warehouse. I usually end up going there for a lot of the "less likely to have in stock" parts. I do the online search for the part. There's an option to check stock at other stores. It gives you a list of the one's that have the part, which in our case is usually Dean's Bridge.

Hey Eric.......it was the one on Peach Orchard that had the battery, but it was the last one.

I asked the dude there if there were others and seems there's none in the area has one, but he did say, they can order them.

I told him there's a few of us that may need them, he'd should go ahead and order some and keep.

Oh, when trying to rebuild the original carb, the little clip for the jet needle disintegrated too.

Fortunately I have a bunch of CB750 carbs laying around, used a clip from those.

Plus, looks like the jet needles might work with the CB100 carb too.

This weekend..................it's too, too darn hot out there.

$50 bucks well spent my man. that new little gem w save a bunch of cussing and headaches later.

I don't believe it. I actually got this little cb100 to fire and run. Holy crap.....unbelievable.

First time in 15 to 20 years this thing has ran.

OMG, actually tore this thing down to the crank, replace piston, rings, geeeeesah.

Don't know how to do video to post, I'm an old fart.

Now I have to get all the other sh1t together cause when the wife hears this thing is running, she's gonna get excited, and want to try it.

Things just don't go as planned. Daughter's car crapped out on her, have to help her, she drives an hour each way to work, so her car is priority right now.

Once again, life gets the spotlight.

And the kicker stripped............................fvvvvvvvccccccccckkkkkkkk.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

budlite282 said:
And the kicker stripped............................fvvvvvvvccccccccckkkkkkkk.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

son of a bitch ! :mad:

Great news you got a RUNNER 8)

Thanks guys................

Doesn't have sprockets and chain.

Guess I'll head to the garage and pull the engine, and begin the tear down.

Got a kicker and gear coming thanks to 45exmayor...thanks Rick.

Or I can go to the local Street and Trail, and order a sprocket and chain, and push start it for a few.

I couldn't get it to idle on it's own, had to blip the throttle to keep it going.

Sounded like a little back fire through the carb.

But, she would fire on the first kick (until it stripped). Man oh man.

Back
Top Bottom