1992 Yamaha FZR600

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
So, a good while back I picked up an '84 VT500 Ascot in a (stupid on part) trade. After I realized I wasn't doing anything with it, I gave it to my father in law as he has dreams of getting back on a bike. Long story short, that didn't pan out. A bit later our very own Jussy showed some interest in the old Honda and I told him to come get it, we'd figure out a way to settle up later.

It's now later and he came through in a big way. An unknown year FZR popped up on CL near him in MD. He called me, I contacted the dude and it's all gravy after that.

So now this sits next to my apartment.

2e403e44f31bf9bf4e9bba7137f54222.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

hurco550 said:
You must have a cool landlord lol

He lives in Oregon... Lol

So speaking of landlords, I won't have one much longer. The Mrs and I finally got our shit together and will be buying a house in the next few weeks, as long as all goes as planned.

So this, the H1, the DT and the GS will all have a home and I cam really get to work. Pretty excited about all of it.

Updates to follow... Eventually. Lol

VonYinzer said:
Congrats! When's the house warming. I'll ride down whether I can walk or not. Seriously great news.
He lives in Oregon... Lol

So speaking of landlords, I won't have one much longer. The Mrs and I finally got our shit together and will be buying a house in the next few weeks, as long as all goes as planned.

So this, the H1, the DT and the GS will all have a home and I cam really get to work. Pretty excited about all of it.

Updates to follow... Eventually. Lol

Mike, I'll be sure to let ya know.

Hillsy, I'm already all over the place w this thing. Who the hell knows what it'll end up like. I have 2.5 other projects ahead of it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Had a 94 mike not bad lil motors ! Cant remember but the sub frame is welded on not bolted right ? Like the Enduro idea , all you need to do is cut sub frame then make new one . Add fender , seat .. back done. Find lil taller forks and you have a 600cc enduro

YZF600R tank plus motoGP style seat would look awesome. May need some rear subframe slimming to look tight but it is possible.

Do the 600's have the stupid tank cover / tank sitting behind the motor set-up like the 250's and 400's do?

DohcBikes said:
Ya, i hate mass centralization, so stupid ::)

I hear ya - it was such a good idea they abandoned it with the YZF's ::)

I reckon it was one of those ones that slipped through because the designers weren't talking to the mechanics....like this one...

nv0a.jpg

Whose turn is it to change the plugs??

Back
Top Bottom