Resto-Mod R100/7, "Sorrow"

JustinLonghorn

No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
Picked this up today on the cheap. Non-runner but all there. Has spark/compression. It will live again. After my last experience with a vintage german, I don't know why I would do this again.

1977 R100/7. Lester Mags.

The Lesters made it worth the very low initial investment.

Dogs and cats living together. Mass Hysteria!

God awful Aftermarket risers.

Oh yeah, this is one of the reasons I stoped working on BMW's.

Why in the world would someone weld this plate here?

So, uh, that's that.

Re: Resto-Mod R100/7

Nice,

I got a 78 BMW R100/7 I've been fixing up, unfortunately very slowly haha so I'm interested in following this.

The German's even made up a word for what we are all about to experience as we watch you work on this.

Schadenfreude
ha-ha-nelson-simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p.jpg

You must love getting stranded in Virginia. For lovers, right?

Didn't Brad threaten to light any BMW you bought on fire after the last one?

Better get a damn Yamaha or suzuki two stroke in there soon. Good thing you don't have a triumph or he's burn it down yesterday.

I saw a nicely done same year resto-mod Beemer with Lester mags in Jasper, AR last year. It would be worth all the German aggrivation to build this up into a nice rider.

Pulled the carbs and cleaned them, and she fired up on starter fluid.

Put a wee bit of gas in the tank, and it all leaked out of the left petcock. Upon further inspection, it looks like someone had put the petcock in a vise. Cracked and out of round. Booo.

The wiring harness of the bike has definitely been tampered with. It has a rheostat on the bars (I assume for heated gear). It has one of those brake light modulators that flashes the brake light.

I also found this curious thing under the tank last night:

Any clue where that goes?

Re: Resto-Mod R100/7, "Sorrow"

Anyway to use the right petcock to feed both carbs and try to start it again? Or you have a petcock on the way now? Good work bud

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom