Ali-Express Brembo knock off levers and cylinders

action man

Hey Guys. Looking to see if anyone has tried these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Titanium-Bronze-Black-CNC-Brembo-universal-motorcycle-brake-master-cylinder-e-bike-brake-clutch-levers-automatic/32453472747.html?spm=2114.01020108.3.400.y1wykO&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201644_3_79_78_77_82_80_62_81,searchweb201560_4

I know I know, knock offs for brakes could be dangerous... but the price... what could go wrong if it is a solid piece of aluminum?
Has anyone ordered these? Compared them? I found a few comments around some other forums saying they are better than OEM, which is not hard since my OEMs are 32 years old.

What's pretty do, when you're dead?

Newer sport bike master, aftermarket levers, they look the same as those.

General rule of thumb is that if a company is OK with completely ripping off another, anything they sell is second tier crap. This stuff... More like fourth tier crap.

And dollars to doughnuts, that pretty finish that looks so great in the ad will look like ass in person and likely peel off in a weeks time.

Great. Thanks.
Now back to my question. Has anyone actually ordered these or know of anyone who has used them? Are they as sketchy as the usual knock-offs?

really... order it as cheap as it is. Take it apart and inspect the work put it through the paces and evaluate it. Then get the Ohlins damper and test it too. Some knock off stuff is really getting good but cost is usually an indication of quality.

I once saw a gold Rolex for sale in Thailand. Upon closer inspection, the wording on the face said "Rolux." Probably would have turned my wrist green within a week. My guess is this is not worth the bits used to transmit the data to view it.

hooligan998 said:
I once saw a gold Rolex for sale in Thailand. Upon closer inspection, the wording on the face said "Rolux." Probably would have turned my wrist green within a week. My guess is this is not worth the bits used to transmit the data to view it.

I doubt I would buy this crap unless it was at show and I was duped.

I can say that I have a Rolex Daytona that not even a jeweler could tell it is a copy until running the numbers or opening the back, I don't know what the guy paid for it but tossed it in the pot on a poker bet and it became mine over 4 years ago and it looks feels and runs perfectly including the chronograph. The buy in was $20 so I'm out nothing really.

Don't bet your life on this stuff without testing it out, but remember we all likely have rode with less.

Don't bet your life on this stuff without testing it out, but remember we all likely have rode with less.

I do agree with this and some knock offs are getting better. . And how the price indicates the quality. The tough part is in Canada, kijiji and ebay parts are usually over priced for crap and good things, and the shipping here makes it hard to find a descent deal especially with the CAN$ in such a rough state and UPS overcharging brokerage fees.

I am still searching for the right one since I have until May before I can ride.

Back
Top Bottom