Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

teazer said:
The guy that built this bike ported and built the GT750 that still holds the lowest ET/highest MPH of any drag race GT and that was back in 76 or so. Going faster than his bike is the challenge.

This will be a very interesting exercise, whatever the result!

Crazy

Here's the bike from last season

P1050784_zpsyyioihse.jpg

Rebuilding the motor is fairly easy as is porting it - it just takes time. The chassis is an area I don't know a lot about. Road race and street I can set up pretty well and have taught suspension set up at race school a few times but drag race chassis are a whole other ball of wax. Good opportunity to learn something new.

Teazer, if you come across any stray GT750/T500 pipes I will need some along the way for my drag/playbike,'75 T500. I'll only need two.......

The Tul-aris. Pulled this from Kneeslider, but read it years ago in one of the m/c rags.

http://thekneeslider.com/tul-aris-two-stroke-racer/

Attachments

• tularis.jpg
    tularis.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 809
That Norton triple is about as unique as they come! What is the story on that one? Very interesting bike.

Check out Nigel Kimber's 500 race rep, I got to see it when Harry Barlow was rebuilding my LC 350 motor and Harry was building the spannies for this beast.
http://classic-motorbikes.net/wp/yamaha-rd500-yzr500-replica-special/
aa0ea5a3387e614ab69afbd9540f7257.jpg

o1marc said:
My new toy.
Still pimpin that same pic around huh? It's been close to a year now, correct?
New pics? Updates? Build thread? Or are you only planning on using it for the "Gee, look what I inherited" attention whore factor?

Went to the NEC bike show this week, took quite a shine to the LC on the Dunlop stand.
89d0e6541d56ffa0a7f8ace639cce016.jpg

370cc bore over 65bhp rgv wheels and RSV Mille swing arm

And the 250 pro-am series bikes made for a great picture
57ca358bb5e478093eb58d5146f30bea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex jb said:
Went to the NEC bike show this week, took quite a shine to the LC on the Dunlop stand.
89d0e6541d56ffa0a7f8ace639cce016.jpg

370cc bore over 65bhp rgv wheels and RSV Mille swing arm

And the 250 pro-am series bikes made for a great picture
57ca358bb5e478093eb58d5146f30bea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ho. Lee. Shit. Is that LC bee-yoo-tee-full!

Make your garage smell 'proper' with a gift from Santa?
http://www.flyingtigermoto.com/products/two-stroke-smoke-candle

stroker crazy said:
An out-of-the-box concept at the Kaikado-Yokohama show!
(via Bubble Visor)
that is really dumb ::)
what good is any motorcycle really if it is nearly unridable in anything but a straight line on a dead smooth road ?

xb33bsa said:
that is really dumb ::)
what good is any motorcycle really if it is nearly unridable in anything but a straight line on a dead smooth road ?

It's for tight jeaned hipsters for showing off at Starbucks.

Of course. But it's cool man. That's all that matters. It's not like it will be ridden for more than a few blocks. After all it is a shown bike.

Back
Top Bottom