KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

Engine out of the frame and no more stock tabs.

Attachments

• kzengine.jpg
    kzengine.jpg
    692.7 KB · Views: 313
  • kzframe.jpg
    kzframe.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 310
That lathe working yet?....i got a deal on one and need to set up a level area and figure out ...." The next step".... Oh i also have some 750 twin side covers not mint so you could cut em etc and not feel bad

DesmoBro said:
That lathe working yet?....i got a deal on one and need to set up a level area and figure out ...." The next step".... Oh i also have some 750 twin side covers not mint so you could cut em etc and not feel bad

Lol, sure it works....it's just nowhere near running yet.. ha. I'm working on the lathe motor mounts a bit today. This four day weekend has been mostly shop time, lots of cleaning and organizing. It's the only way I can get my head straight on my projects sometimes.

Pm inbound on the side covers Desmo.

canyoncarver said:
Lol, sure it works....it's just nowhere near running yet.. ha. I'm working on the lathe motor mounts a bit today. This four day weekend has been mostly shop time, lots of cleaning and organizing. It's the only way I can get my head straight on my projects sometimes.

Pm inbound on the side covers Desmo.

If you don't want the LTD 750t emblems...let me know. Looking for one in OK condition still. :)

MotorbikeBruno said:
If you don't want the LTD 750t emblems...let me know. Looking for one in OK condition still. :)

I pm'd Desmo, I'm decided to pass on the covers. I won't be doing stock style sidecovers any more on this one. The iceberg just moved.

Just figured out that Megacycle makes cams for the KZ Twin.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-06-20 19:51:33.png
    Screenshot from 2016-06-20 19:51:33.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 289
I have been doin some research into a couple options for bigger pistons.
The YFM350R has a 19mm wrist pin and the 83mm overbore pistons available for it would bump the 750t to 865cc. the pistons look very similar to the stock 750 pistons and can be had for pretty cheap. i dont know what this would do to compression.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Namura-Piston-Kit-2004-2013-Yamaha-Raptor-350-YFM350R-Standard-Bore-83mm-/291774199439?fits=Make%3AYamaha%7CModel%3ARaptor+350

I personally would really like displacement to go over 900, and at this point it looks like custom pistons would be the way to go. 86mm pistons (8mm over) will give you 906cc. Someone on here tipped me off to Arias pistons, and when I contacted them they gave me a rough estimate of $150-$200 per piston with rings and pins, they have a minimum order of 4 pistons. discounts for volume. I have a junk motor that i need to pull apart to get some measurements from so i can get an exact quote. the upside of this is you can have them made exactly how you want, probably to work with the megacycle cams 8)

L.A. Sleeves has universal flanged sleeves that arent too expensive. they would be need to cut to length. I don't think you could go much bigger than the than the 86mm pistons because the sleeve has an OD of 92.3mm and the flange is 95.5mm. the flange would have to be trimmed down to not butt into the clyinder studs.
https://www.lasleeve.com/tech/all-purpose-sleeves

then there is the issue of a head gasket

Attachments

• 2801_549d80102b23c.jpg
    2801_549d80102b23c.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 291
Back
Top Bottom