Honda CB360 Brake Pivot

MattGeo

Hello All. I'm new here and have an issue. I've searched the forums and haven't seen a similar problem so here goes.

The PO cutoff the brake pivot on my Honda CB360 :mad: I didn't realize this until after I started putting it together (this is my first build). So now I need to figure something out. At this point I'm thinking of just running a rod from the brake arm directly to my rear set, but I would rather run it with a brake pivot - since brake bump doesn't sound optimal.

Has anyone fabricated a brake pivot that could be welded to the CB360 frame and can offer some advice on the best way to do this? TC Bros has a forward control pivot that can be welded, but the geometry isn't exactly right for rear sets.

Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers.

Run a cable. Its a better way to configure a rear drum with rearsets.

a8fc04a6010b8396843bcc4d4727a0be.jpg

dcbe3ccac5f9c97a4495e92cd91f45ca.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply advCo. I like that. So it looks like I'd just have to mount tabs to support the cable housing? And the cable connects directly to the drum brake arm?

MattGeo said:
Thanks for the quick reply advCo. I like that. So it looks like I'd just have to mount tabs to support the cable housing? And the cable connects directly to the drum brake arm?

I don't have a great picture of how it fits into the drum, but I used the stock actuator, pivot pin and adjuster nut. I counter bored the nut to accept a 1/4" cable ferrule which I soldered onto the end of the cable. I added a tiny set screw into the adjuster nut to prevent the cable from ever coming loose. I used 2 1/8" tabs for the front and rear mounting points, and a small metal piece to keep the cable pinned against the frame.

32dcf618de3b71ef01d60926d0dbd2e5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom