CB160 speedometer ratio?

Dave Walters

I am looking to replace my stock cb160 speedo. It is old and crusty and I am not looking to drop $100 bucks on a used stock one to replace it.

I wouldn't mind making up a oval shaped plate and drilling a hole in it to mount a nice mini round speedo and then do the indicator lights on the outside.

Problem is I have scoured the internet and I cannot find the answer to what the dang Speedometer ratio is.

My buddy also warned me about some hondas being reverse rotation and you will mess up the needle the first time the speedo drive spins. Is this a concern I should be worried about?

Nothing else will work, you'll need to replace it with a stock one, and by chance I am selling one in good shape...

Just jokes. I mean, I am selling one but I am sure someone will come along and let you know the ratio.

160s aren't reverse drive, however. Early CB77s were, with a different drive at the axle.

carnivorous chicken said:
Nothing else will work, you'll need to replace it with a stock one, and by chance I am selling one in good shape...

Just jokes. I mean, I am selling one but I am sure someone will come along and let you know the ratio.

160s aren't reverse drive, however. Early CB77s were, with a different drive at the axle.

Price? Odometer mileage?

Back
Top Bottom