Whats your drink?

Chivatty

Been Around the Block
So the brewery down the road just released their Oktoberfest brew. Its one of my favorites so it makes me look forward to fall (the best season) even more. So after one or two a few I'm wondering what everyones fave drinks are...

http://leinies.com/oktoberfest.html

I'm a whiskey man, Glen Breton single malt, 40 creek, and any good scotch. Drink it straight with a tiny dash of water to help the flavor.

An occasional Maker's Mark with a little ice. If it's a really hot day perhaps a gin 'n' tonic w/ lots of lime. Not excited about beer... it always tastes like that particular horse must have diabetes.

I usually drink one of the following, but will try anything new that I haven't had before. Unfortunately we don't have much variety around here.

guinness-is-good-for-you.jpg
harp-230.jpg
picks_stella.jpg

I'm a Guiness guy, followed by Boddington's Pub Ale, my absolute fave is Fat Tire Amber Ale, but it is impossible to find in the southeast (as far as I know).
As far as liquor goes i like a balvenie single malt scotch on the rocks, smooth as mother's milk.

Though I am a huge craft brew snob, I still can't get over Guinness and crave it. Fave beers are Schneider & Sohn Aventinus, Guinness, Troeg's Troegenator, Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat (I know it's crappy, but I've had a sweet tooth this summer). I've been diggin' on the new Jim Beam Red Stag, 3 Olives Triple Espresso Shot Vodka. Love a good Spanish coffee in the winter. Of course I love Jameson, but prefer Power's as an Irish whiskey to sip on. I enjoy a nice Scotch once in a while. My dad keeps a bottle of Glenlivet at home pretty much for me and my buddy g3 for the one or two times a year we go out there together on a random trip. Though he's living in Ohio now. Yeah, pretty much I love booze. I worked for a wine distributor for 3 years, a wine store on and off throughout that same time, and I've been working at the bar I'm at now for almost 3. I love a nice glass of red wine also...

i don't drink much beer.. occasionally a blue moon, pbr, or lonestar
i love whiskey sours, or if i'm not much in a drinking mood malibu bay breeze or a margarita

I like Kilkenny Draught, Guinness, and a few local/national beers like James Squire Amber & Golden ales. Also Matilda Bay Fat Yak pale ale...great stuff; getting buzzed on that in the snow and boarding with mates is a top memory for me.

I also homebrew, mostly extracts but I do have an all-grain setup which I bust out sometimes.

Down at the pub its a different matter, though. Amber ale if they've got it, otherwise it'll be that good old Aussie standby...Victoria Bitter.

Cheers - boingk

McCormick's vodka, Southern Comfort, Tequila of almost any name, and if I feel like I really need to not remember the day then I will do 4 Horsemen and Liquid Cocaine.

Iced tea with fresh mint. Hand made lemonade. I drank all the fine beer/wine/alchohol stuff, on the plus side of moderate for 40 years. Loved it. Especially Guinness and Flat Tire. Slowly phased it out 5 yrs ago. No religion, no problems. Just time to give it up. in a word.... clarity.

Guinness. Harp, Newcastle Ale, Horsby's Draft Cider, Long Island Iced Tea, Whiskey Sour if Guinness is not available... But, I haven't had a drink like any of that since way before I got married. :'(

Oh yeah, Jaegermeister by the pint mixed with a pint of grey goose in a camelbak used to be my snowboading elixer during my younger days. And somehow I am still alive?

Back
Top Bottom