Whats your drink?

Local Microbrews are my favorite. Good People Ale Red and Highland Brewing Co.'s Gaelic Ale.

On the easier to find, I love a Black Castle....1/2 Guinness, 1/2 Newcastle Brown.

On the whiskey side, you can't beat a Kentucky Bourbon or A Canadian Whiskey. Love Crown.

This is making me thirsty.

Sweet Tea 8)
Guiness, Shiner Bock, Sam Adams "Old Fezewig"
Capt. Morgans DDRum and lime juice.
More Sweet Tea!!!

Cocktails:
The Brown Bomber:
Canton Ginger Liquor
Absolute Pear
SoHo Lychee liquor
Splash of pear nectar
French 75
Beefeater and Tonic

Neat Liquor:
Lmoncello
Makers
Vox
Glen

Beer:
Too much to list. Depends on the season.

Some limoncello batches in the works. Should be ready mid December.
IMGP0999.jpg

Beer: Amsterdam Blonde, Boris Organic (this is my current fav), Kilkenny and free beer.
Spirits n such: Sake (warm sake is my fav drink to get me through the Canadian winters), Zubrowka Vodka (made from bison grass), Cuban rum, free booze.
Wine: Been digging the Yellow Tail reds, especially the Shiraz.
Coffee: Hawaiian Kona (you wake up in the morning and some beautiful woman strolls into your bedroom wearing your Sonic Youth t-shirt saying she just brewed up some fresh Hawaiian Kona and you don't bother checking for a pulse cause you know you're dead and are already in heaven). Also Sulawesi Tana Toraja, Tanzanian Peaberry and Chiapas organic.

Did I mention Pumpkin beers? Michigan breweries kick out some great ones like New Holland's Ichabod, Arcadia's Jaw Jacker, and Black Lotus's Monster Mash is phenomenal. I love fall in MI for that reason.

All kinds of beer outside of the major domestics (although I drink them too).

Canadian Whiskey - Usually Wisers, but love Pendleton, sometimes with diet coke mixer, sometimes not.

dont ask me why because ive always looked at it as a girls drink but ive recently found that i enjoy white russians

forcefanajd said:
dont ask me why because ive always looked at it as a girls drink but ive recently found that i enjoy white russians
Next time your out ask for an "Irish Black Russian"... 16oz glass w ice. 1oz vodka, 1oz kahlua. Fill the remainder of the glass 1/2 way with Guinness, than top off with Cola. They have to mix it up a bit, but if made right... Damn. I could drink those forever, if they didnt get you SMASHED, and empty the wallet pretty quickly. Ive also seen them made with a dash of baileys...

forcefanajd said:
that sounds really good
Oh they are my friend, they are. Gotta watch though, cause they kinda taste like a choclate milkshake or malt. If your not careful, they'll sneak up on ya pretty quickly.

forcefanajd said:

Hey man, the dude abides. I love caucasians, but the cream makes me nauseous after a while. That's why i skip the cream and go for the black russian.

A friend just turned me on to Colorado Bulldogs so tonight I'm trying my own out-dont think I'll have too many as they're kinda sweet.

Beer: Prefer micros/craft brews. In the fridge right now, Yuengling, Dales Pale Ale, Shiner Bock Hefeweizen, and some friend's homebrew. Also drink the cheap High Life and Miller Lite when taste doesn't matter.

Liquor: Mainly Vodka Tonic with slice of lemon.

Vino: a good cabernet

Coffee: straight black, bold, and freshly ground

The dude abides indeed. I love a caucasian, any night of the week.... but damn if i'm not pissed right now....jeez i'm cut... been drink $5 pints all night of Carlton Draught.... not a bad drop but see i'm nott fussy... i'll drink anything really. man i'm pissed right now and i just hapenned to find this thread. Wellwhat's my drink? Tonight it was carlton draught...... all night.... i'm cut.... goodnight...

And the Gold medal goes to... Staffy! I was waiting to see how long it'd take for somone to post under the influence, haha.

My drink for the next little while will be the 120+ litres of homebrew under my bed, most of it is prime drinking age right now. Got 22 litres each of Coopers Pale Ale knock-off, a Heineken inspired brew, English Best Bitter, a pilsner and an Aussie lager. Theres also a big stout ageing up for next winter, plus a XXXX clone (3.5% abv) and a porter in the fermenters.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a good weekend.

;)

Cheers - boingk

I vaguely remember posting some stuff that night when i got home but i couldn't remember what or where. I was absolutely hammered. I actually forgot most of what happened that night (and i never do that).

I haven't made any for a couple years but sometimes a homebrew can be the best or the worst. I made some blueberry flavored beer but once it was ready I tried some and it just tasted like normal beer. So a friend liked it and I ended up giving most of it to her. Should've held on to more of it because once it matured a little longer it was some of the best beer I've ever had (laugh if you want). And a bunch of the guys from work were on a wine making craze so I got into that too. I was trying to make something a little different and ended up adding some grape Kool-Aid mix to some white wine. Let me tell you - it was like drinking Kool-Aid!

spring-winter Sam Adams Boston Lager (@ home, 7&7's all day at the bar). and some seasonal ones as they come about.

but if you get a chance (damn near impossible to get in the states) get a 6'er of Trappist Westvleteren 12. trust me, i stayed in a Holiday Inn last night, i'm qualified on the subject.

funkja said:
get a 6'er of Trappist Westvleteren 12. trust me, i stayed in a Holiday Inn last night, i'm qualified on the subject.

A friend of mine who works for Philips and goes to Belgium often gave me one of those that he brought back. Damn good beer.

My current drink is a dirty vodka martini. The dirtier the better.

I normally drink beer. A lot of homebrew. But I'm on a diet so I save that for the weekends.

Brewery%20008.jpg
Brewery%20003.jpg

Brewery%20004.JPG
2006and2007%20163.jpg

Back
Top Bottom