Whats your drink?

Nice dispensing setup there, Flugtechnik! I just use 375 and 750ml bottles, bit of a pain but easy to carry around if I'm heading to a mates place.

CaTacl1sm - Sounds good, might have to try that one sometime.

If it's purchased:
Beer: Anything St.James Gate. Guinness, Smithwick's or Harp.
Neat: Jameson 400th Anniversary
Mixed:
>Winter - Coffee Nudge, Irish Coffee or St.Preston
>Spring - Gran Mariner, hot with coffee back
>Summer - Run&Coke or some kind of martini (or beer)
>Autumn - See beer....
Wine: Too many choices.....

I make wine and spirits (yes I own a still) and I have my first batch of Mead going.....kinda fun.

vietnamese iced coffee
arizona iced tea
whiskey
whiskey sours
whiskey and arizona tea
milk and chocolate milk
i like a lot of wines, too

newfie-blue-star.jpg

14288.jpg

(Actually own a Newfoundland Dog that I named India after this beer)

I'll admit to enjoying a Stella Artois from time to time as well as the occasional Rickards.

...And Canadian Whiskey. Usually Alberta Premium...

My buddies from around the bay here in NL would kill me if I didn't mention these two:

black-horse-beer-21136281.jpg

jockey-club-21125396.jpg

Stoli Vanil & Coke
White Russian
Mojito
Pama Martini
Abita Turbo Dog
Any Ghost River
Steelhead Stout
Lost Coast 8Ball Stout
Old Rasuputin

I live in Kentucky so anywhere other than the garage it's bourbon and water.

Garage it's Coors light or whatever the homies bring over.

:eek: OH MAN!!! go! I forgot about getting hooked on Vietnemese Iced Coffee, in Singapore a year ago. There is just one place here that sells them. Now I have to get one.

4eyes said:
:eek: OH MAN!!! go! I forgot about getting hooked on Vietnemese Iced Coffee, in Singapore a year ago. There is just one place here that sells them. Now I have to get one.

they're really easy to make! the coffee filter is only about $4, then you just need condensed milk and coffee... usually cafe du monde coffee (i get it whenever i'm visiting family in new orleans) but you can order it

i've got an unhealthy obsession with vietnamese three-colour drink. not sure if you get it up there, but i don't see why you wouldn't.
it's hard to explain to say the least. red bean, coconut milk, lots of ice, water chestnuts and a few other things. it's weird, and an acquired taste, but damn.

otherwise...
brews: hoegaarden, james squire amber ale, tap guinness when done right.
scotch: glenfiddich 18 year. also for a difference, Laphroaig. hard to describe, tastes very strongly of peat moss but somehow has a glorious flavour once it settles in. i recommend it with a single cube of ice. the water combines in it well, without losing much flavour but actually makes it a little smoother and easier going down.
cocktails: mojito. long island iced tea. toblerone from a bar near me called cookie (http://www.cookie.net.au/). apple vodka martini. sidecar. whisky sour. i don't do cocktails often and when i do its for the flavour, so forgive me if they're a little queer.

i'll admit i have a crazy sweet tooth. disturbingly so considering i'm diabetic.

i don't get acquired tastes. it's like "wow, this tastes kinda gross. maybe i'll order a few more just to make sure." ;) :p

haha
nah it's more that on first sip you think "mmm... has potential, but i'm not sure"
with successive sips/chomps (there's bits in 3-colour) it starts to make more sense, gets cohesive and comes together.

to be honest, part of it is culture shock. that shit is normal in SE asia. malaysians have ice kachang which is similar, but comes in a bowl and isn't so much a drink.
you don't get anything like that in the western world, so at first you try it and think "what the fuck did i just put in my pasty white mouth?" but as your mind relaxes off the reins, you start to dig it. the next time you buy one, you skip that, and continue to warm up to it
:D

Back
Top Bottom