buell R*I*P

baconpocket

eating bacon
i miss buell

it's sad to see a company go that was making an iron-horse of a different color

hopefully a used one will be in my future

HOLY CRAP!!! Buell's gone? Where was I? I love Buell's and would hate to see them go. Hopefully some of their designs will stay and carry over to Harley. They do have that new cafe inspired 1200.

Here's the vid... http://www.buell.com/en_us/
That does suck. The XB12sCG is one of the bikes I lusted over before I started my project.

wow is right. I might have to see about biting the bullet and buy one of the last ones. kick ass bikes

Yeah I read abou the possibility of that happening in motorcycle world...now it's come true. Sucks ass, really. Unfortunately, I sweat about a lot of he american made brands....I just hope it gets better before too much culture shock happens.

Daaamn, that news is horbs. :-[ Buell was about the only cool thing Hardly Doeseverun had going for them. They make a Sportster in all black and call it a different model and jack up the price, so lame. i ad an 05 Sporty and it was fun for about a month. Hopefully, someone will buy Buell in some shape or form. I always thought Firebolts were awesome bikes, albeit a lame name. Does HD still own MV Augusta?

Fuggo's. I always liked Buells (except for the entry level one). I always figured I'd get one eventually. Snappy little bikes.

if buells gone whats going to happen with their racing program with 1125? They did pretty well with eslick and they still went under?

I think it's shitty that HD is selling MV Agusta but not Buell. If Buell starts his another company it has to be called something else since HD owns Buell and all their patents...fuel in frame, oil in swing arm... He'd have to start all over. I think Buell was on the right path at the end with using Rotax engines over HD units. As for the racing program....it'll be done but they never held their own in their own size class. They were only competitive in the 600 class instead of the liter class to which they should of been. As living in WI it's sad to see a company like this gone from the state and more unemployed folks especially right before christmas since there last day is December 18 I believe. Major suckage.

I dont think any 1000cc twin would be competitive with any liter bikes except maybe the RC8 and for sure the 1198r. And it seems the twin rotax engines arnt that competitive with the liter bikes to begin with. It makes me sad seeing buell and aprilia having to race il4 600s.

True dat! Yeah Eslick took the title... against bikes with almost half the displacement. While I am a bit disappointed that Buell went under, they were a tough sell in the sportbike world. I had kind of a hard time selling my XB12R despite it's killer good looks. I swore I'd have nothing more to do with the brand, but with this news, I might reconsider selling my remaining XB.

IMG018.jpg

Mortikan said:
wow is right. I might have to see about biting the bullet and buy one of the last ones. kick ass bikes

Now should be the right time to buy a new one
Buell-1125CR-deal-for-sale.jpg

You better believe it. Harley is rebating their dealers $5000.00 per bike to get them to move them out. I fully expect to see the last new Buell sold within the coming week, from the reports I've been hearing.

Considering I've always wanted an S1 or M1 . . . . . . . . . .

they make them here in East troy wisconsin, right by my house. 80 or 90 peoples jobs.... just gone....

Ive always lusted over the XB9R and the Firebolt.... what are the chances of be being able to still get a used one in 2 or three years?

It was so sad to see Erik Buell's video. I had the opportunity to ride with him a few years ago and he was a great guy; friendly, engaging and a hell of a rider!

I'll always be proud to be a Buell owner: 1995 S-2 Thunderbolts #495 and #1098

Buell1.jpg

Scott

Back
Top Bottom