hand vs cut off wheel, and you?

sabres7th

Four wheels move your body, two move your soul
so in case you were wondering a hand loses against a cut off wheel. i am out of action for a little bit and 6 stitches later good as new...i do not want to see the bill::ugh::

i will post the picks if anyone wants to see. and maybe you can post your own story with your battle wounds/scars.

story,
while tiring to cut base mounts for a custom roll bar for a Chevy Colorado for my bro. the disc cracked making the circle cut off disc not so circular any more. the wheel then kicked back when it hit the flat spot and found my hand. on the bright side now that i am out of the military you actually get pain meds when things hurt you instead of 800mg of ibuprofen.

CresentSon said:
Its just a flesh wound...
thats funny. i remember thinking that when sitting there. when montey python is stuck in your head you know something must be wrong with you.

I cut my self in almost the exact same spot, just a little closer to the thumb. I was cutting a garden hose that had burst with a box cutter so I could repair it. Made the mistake of cutting towards myself and the blade slipped. Apparently there is an artery their that runs into your thumb. When the doc was stitching it up, he opened up the wound and showed my how the blood would squirt out. Came out like a geyser and you could see it going up and down with my heartbeat. It was cool (because he had numbed it).

Sorry bro, hope the bill isn't too bad.
I ran a steel brush cup wheel into my palm, wrist and forearm once after it caught the edge of a paddle on a concrete planer while I was in high school. Wasn't near as bad as your's but it sure was ugly. I wear gloves when doing stuff like that now.

Ouch.

Recent - was pulling the jets out of a carb the other day using a pair of needlenose pliers. I was too lazy to walk over to the tool box on the other side of the garage to get a regular plier. The needlenose only fit the task if I put them on sideways and used my other hand to lift on the points of the jaws. Well, of course it slipped off and damned if those needlenose dont have a cutter that lined right up with the knuckle on my thumb. Designed that way I suspect.

Man, I have a million stories like that. And a million past stitches to boot. I could go on and on. But, hey, we do the work ourselves and have the scars to prove it! Blood brothers.

lol, i wish i could find the pics from my accident.....i got my finger caught between a brak caliper and wheel of a car while it was rolling and then ripped it out, 40ish stitches later and shes got no feeling and no movement at the first knuckle.

this summer i learned that fire... its hot
32zi4w8.jpg

my personal worst story i was riding my moutain bike up an extremely steep hill in a parking lot that was right on the side of a road that had just got paved (so there was asphalt pebbles everywhere). well while climbing the hill my chain slipped and since i was peddling so hard i got launched over the handle bars immediately.......landed face and hand first.....split my top lip clear through in the very middle all the way up to my nose, broke 3 teeth, broke my wrist in 7 places, and had road rash on the whole right side of my body. it was so bad that the cops tried arresting the first person on the scene because everyone thought she hit me with her car. took a nice ambulance ride and was in the hospital for 3 days with a constant dose of morfiend.

EDIT: it was also the day before school started my junior year of high school and my right arm i broke which for some reason instead of 6 weeks to heal it took 18 weeks, and it was my third time breaking the same arm

A couple years ago my company was finishing up a project a Slippery Rock Univ. and myself and another guy were sent up to remove all the shoring we had built a few years earlier under a small bridge to make it safe for equipment to drive over. Needless to say, more that 2 guys should have been doing this, but budgets, budgets... After cutting it all apart the other guy was handing it up out of the manmade stream to me, about 5 feet. Most of the wood had been under water for 3+ years and was HEAVY and SLIPPERY. A 6 foot length of board slipped out of my hand and buried 4 5" nails in the other. 2 went throught my fingers, 2 through the meaty part of my hand. BLOOD EVERYWHERE... Had to drive myself (in a 5 speed) to the "local" hospital 20 miles away. Good times. Couldnt use my hand for weeks, and still get weird pains in my fingers. Did that a few months after i busted my ankle on the same site getting out of a skid steer in the rain. Didnt want to admit it and worked the rest of the day. Took my boot off and within 3 min my ankle was twice the size it should have been. That was good for two weeks off and lots of pain killers. Than there was the time i was riding shotgun when we flipped an Oldsombile off of a cliff at 70mph. Took 9 hrs for em to find me... Thats quite the story though :D

I was cutting some tool steel on a lathe in my past life. No chip breaker on the cutting tool so was getting a nice long jagged chip. It was blue from the heat. I was wearing gloves and went to brush it aside when it of course grabbed in the chuck and ripped through my thumb like a band saw blade. It was piping hot though and cauterized the cut as it went through so it didn't bleed much. 6 or 8 stitches. Live and learn.

Looks very similar to the time I ran my hand through the table saw! I got Lucky and caught the edge of the blade. It could have been much worse because I was using a 3/4 inch dado blade. The doctor never wrote a script for pain pills because I wasn't in any pain. Needless to say that night was a different story! Fortunately I just cut meat and missed the bone and tendons by fractions.

well we are all in good company. these quotes are insane
- I ran my hand through the table saw!

-grabbed in the chuck and ripped through my thumb like a band saw blade.

-4 5" nails in the other. 2 went through my fingers,Had to drive myself (in a 5 speed) to the "local" hospital 20 miles away.

-Than there was the time i was riding shotgun when we flipped an Oldsmobile off of a cliff at 70mph.

-split my top lip clear through in the very middle all the way up to my nose, broke 3 teeth, broke my wrist in 7 places, and had road rash on the whole right side of my body.

-this summer i learned that fire... its hot!

-i got my finger caught between a brake caliper and wheel of a car while it was rolling and then ripped it out, 40ish stitches later and shes got no feeling and no movement at the first knuckle.

-a cutter that lined right up with the knuckle on my thumb.

-I ran a steel brush cup wheel into my palm, wrist and forearm.

-Made the mistake of cutting towards myself and the blade slipped. Apparently there is an artery their that runs into your thumb.

just fuckin awesome good stories any votes for a "i was injured trying to build shit dtt patch"?

I've got lots n' lots of stitches, broken bones and dislocated shoulder stories........but my Dad say's my personal best one was when I bit my own finger off.....currently waiting to see a surgeon to fix my shoulder, tore the labrum badly when it dislocated this time, car accident 16th of septembre.

lol im very happy to be 2 of those quotes up top lol......anoter time when i was about 12-13 i was running through the woods and i stepped on the end of a stick and caught about 5-6" of a stick in my shin which was broken off about an inch deep......it was at summer camp and when i got home my dad had to dig it out with an exacto and tweezers.....i have many many stories :)

Back
Top Bottom