Bad News about a fellow DTT'er...Ode to Chip

tWistedWheelz

BUILT NOT BOUGHT!
Some of you may have talked to or seen post from a member named "Chip", He is the service manager of the local power sports dealer in Gulf Shores AL. I have just received news (as of 4:45pm 11/03/09) that he was in an accident. All I know at this time is that he was testing a bike that had been worked on at his location, when something malfunctioned and sent him into a crash. He was not wearing a helmet! I am unaware of the extent of his injuries, but will be posting as I find out more. I do know that he was evacuated by life flight from the scene and had significant head trauma.

Please keep our friend in your thoughts and hope for a full recovery.

As soon as I know more I will let everyone know.
Thank all of you for your support and thoughts.

Re: Bad News about a fellow DTT'er

Chip is a great dude. He actually told me about this site. I hope that he's able to make a full recovery. My thoughts are with him. We'll know more tomorrow.

AW SHIT!!.. Really sorry to hear about this...
I hope he makes it ok... Please keep up posted!!..

Update: Chip is in USA hospital in Mobile, AL. His condition is stable and he is in a room. I have been told by one of his co-workers that he suffers from a punctured lung, broken collarbone, broken clavicle, and a fractured skull. I ask him if there was any brain damage and was told “ no more than he had before the crash”! Some friends will be visiting him tonight and I will know more tomorrow afternoon.

Please still keep him and his family in your thoughts.
I am sure that when he gets the chance, it would really raise his spirits to see all of his DTT family showing our concern here!

Chip, I hope to see you back in the saddle soon, I whish only the best for you and your family in this time of need. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know and I will spare no effort to help! Good luck on your recovery and may Karma be on your side.

Hope someone brings him a laptop and a wireless connection! Speedy recovery!

Update: No word on what caused it, but I believe no one is talking since it occured at work on the clock! Insurance shit you know! But Chip seems to be recovering from his injuries well. He is on his feet some moving about and seems to be up-spirited. We are unsure at this time how long his stay in the hospital will be. With the lung and head injuries, he has to have medical supervision. I have a feeling due to how this accident occured and where it did, that the journey for Chip wont be over when his wounds heal! So please kept him on your mind!

We're in your corner Chip! Can't loose a Southern Boy, there are too few of us around.

Hate to say it, but the shop will probably try to wash their hands of him.....he wasn't wearing a helmet, and the companies insurance company is going to have an issue with that.

Thank God his brain is A-OK, and he is going to recover fully.

P.S. Tell him to start wearing a helmet!

~Joe

Traveler said:
Hate to say it, but the shop will probably try to wash their hands of him.....he wasn't wearing a helmet, and the companies insurance company is going to have an issue with that.

Thank God his brain is A-OK, and he is going to recover fully.

P.S. Tell him to start wearing a helmet!

~Joe

I don't think anyone will need to tell him after that. I think he'll be telling others...

Good to hear he'll be back on two wheels soon. Best wishes.

I think most of us have taken that test spin. Just around the block, no harm sort of thing. It just went south for Chip.

All I can say is that you are still among the living for a reason. Pick yourself up, dust off, heal up, and keep going. Accidents happen to everyone, kind of what makes it an accident. Hurry back brother.

Hey man I can totally relate. I had a similar accident this past May and was laid up for months. Hang in there. Glad to see your alright. -MBS

Chip,

As the new guy....I don't know you, but I am a rider, and the friends you have around here tells me that you're a good dude.

Hope everything is ok, and the boss dosen't fire you.

Is the bike alright?

Best wishes,

~Joe

Bike didn't get it too bad and work is really stepping up for me. Real good guys. I have surgery Monday to screw my collarbone back together then hopefully I can start getting fit again.

Back
Top Bottom