Seriously... A raccoon stole my cell phone.

VonYinzer

Over 10,000 Posts
Well, this is completely unrelated to bikes, but it was funny/aggrivating enough that i thought i should share. The night before last my cell fell out of my jacket and into a storm drain in front of my house. I didnt realize it for awhile, but when i saw it was missing i obviously started searching. While walking out to see if i had left it in my wifes car, i called it from my work cell. As i crossed the street, i heard it ringing behind me. Lo and behold i saw light coming from the storm drain. I walked over, and could see it lying there plain as day. It was about 3 feet down to the phone, and pitch black out so i went inside to get a flashlight and something to grab the phone. Come back out 3 min later and no phone. I call it and can hear it ringing, only its now coming from inside one of the 12" feed pipes. I know a raccoon lives in that pipe, as he tears my garbage apart at least once a week, and drives my cats insane. That s.o.b. stole my damn phone. I called it yesterday before work, and could still hear it, just further down the pipe now. Mind you this is a feed pipe and slopes uphill so its not as if the phone was washed away. Called it this a.m. and can barely hear it now. One new phone ordered. One raccoon added to my shoot on site list.

Thanks for sharing man, I got a great laugh out of this! I would be setting up some sniper abushing on that coon if I were you, mabee some baiting to draw him in to an ideal shooting positiion! Good luck! I have a visual of you as Bill Murry's character in Caddyshack and that coon as the groundhog!
Hahahaha!

I couldnt even be pissed off. Its too rediculous. I really dont enjoy the idea of killing anything, and wouldnt really hurt the raccoon, but for just a second i thought about throwing some M80s down there, ala caddyshack. I just hope he doesnt run my bill up too high. ;D

tWistedWheelz said:
He has been dialing his coon lady in memphis during peak hours! :D
A buddy of mine told me that the raccoon needed the phone so he could call his family in Mexico and tell them the tunnel was finished, and my bill was going to be huge. If he wasnt Mexican himself, i probobly wouldve found that a bit off color, but he is and it was funny.

Still havent gotten my new cell in the mail :mad:, but i called my old one this a.m. and its still ringing, now even further UP the pipe. Goddamn rediculous.

The wife just called me @ work. The new phone is at my house. 6 days later. The first one they sent me, which took 2 days longer to get than it should have, was defective. They sure are punctual when there taking my money every month, but when it comes time to do what i pay them to... Goddamn insurance/cellphone companys.

Von, good to hear it all ends well and I am with on that insurance BS! I have always wondered and just thought I would ask! What is, and where did you get your avatar? Whatever it is, I find myself really liking it for no good reason and I am dying to know about it!
Cheers!

tWistedWheelz said:
Von, good to hear it all ends well and I am with on that insurance BS! I have always wondered and just thought I would ask! What is, and where did you get your avatar? Whatever it is, I find myself really liking it for no good reason and I am dying to know about it!
Cheers!
Its actually a logo for a now defunct japanese shoe company. Or so I have been told. I was looking for logo ideas for a vintage motor club some friends and I are getting together, and searched "vintage japanes advertising" on Google. It was too cool to ignore! I have no idea what the hell it says, but I love it. The only thing ive found related to it is the word "onitabi" which apparently means "ornamental fake hawksbeard". Whatever the hell that means... :D

my neighbor had a raccoon pick up a bug zapper (by the top) and toss it into his pool.

the man was already pretty crazy so whenever he saw a raccoon in front of his house he would (no matter what) take off his shit and say HEY! HEY TOUGH GUY DO YOU WANNA FIGHT? DO YOU WANNA FIGHT ME? HEY I AM TALKING TO YOU, YOU BLACK EYED COCK SUCKER! as he spun his fists back and fourth and acted like he was squaring off with a gentlemen and it was 1921.

Back
Top Bottom