guernz's '79 SR

Did a little mock up this weekend.

DSC01349.jpg

DSC01348.jpg

YogiBear said:
Will you be building a hoop onto the swingarm?

I am hoping I can find some time this weekend to start measuring and next week after hours at work start getting something started. I have to dig out Dad's pipe bender and see what I can do. 8)

guernz said:
Started the bottom shock mount today.

DSC01356.jpg

How are you making your mounts guernz? They look really slick and I would love to replicate the method for my monoshock setup.

neevo said:
How are you making your mounts guernz? They look really slick and I would love to replicate the method for my monoshock setup.

I machined them on cnc vertical mill after hours at work. If I had a cnc at home my wife would hate me, I would never be in the house. Maybe when the house is paid for I can afford a good used one.

JustinLonghorn said:
Any chance this thing will be rideable by Mid-Ohio?

No it won't. I just don't have the time. The goal is to have it completly done for next for riding season. That way I can take my time and build it right and the way I want it. I put alot of miles on this bike four-five years ago and it was completly stock. When I'm done it should feel like a new bike. The engine needs to be freshened up. It started to burn a little oil. That will be wintertime for that.

guernz said:
I machined them on cnc vertical mill after hours at work. If I had a cnc at home my wife would hate me, I would never be in the house. Maybe when the house is paid for I can afford a good used one.

Poo! Replication goes out the window then. Looks like I'm back to angle grinder and drill press.

When I took the pic, I just clamped the mount up there. When I actually weld it on it will be about an inch higher. It will be very close. I have another complete SR I have been taking measurements from. If I measured right, I should be able to make it all work.

I see ... if it's too tight you could perhaps locate the suspension a little further to the left!?
Btw., nice carrier you've machined!

Best regards
Sven

I have the down tubes machined, I have the welding rod, now I have to bend the last two pcs. and I can start welding.

DSC01357.jpg

scm said:
I see ... if it's too tight you could perhaps locate the suspension a little further to the left!?
Btw., nice carrier you've machined!

Best regards
Sven

The air pod I have one my other SR looks like it might hit the shock if it was on this bike but thats minor stuff.
Hey, I raced a Sven at Weedsport,NY like maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Is this the same Sven?

Nope, I've only been roadracing my XT here in europe...
Again very nice metalwork in your latest pic, I'm looking
forward to see more of this!
Btw., are you using a front wheel for rear?

Kind regards and good luck
Sven

scm said:
Btw., are you using a front wheel for rear?

Kind regards and good luck
Sven

19" front and rear. It's the set up from my other SR I used to dirt track. I'm not positive what I'm going to use for tires yet. These are not D.O.T.

Back
Top Bottom