CB400A Hondamatic Bobber build.

Me and two friends of mine had this old Hondamatic built from stock to hardtail, custom built the frame, in one weeks time. Electric start was removed, kicker only.

Attachments

• 24708_379341826793_592451793_3919620_5425930_n.jpg
    24708_379341826793_592451793_3919620_5425930_n.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,853
greatrespectforbeer said:
Thanks. It was a blast to build.
I posted this on here expecting something. This ia a Stupid 1980 hondamatic for gods own sake. We took one of the most UNCOOL motorcycles in the UNIVERSE and turned it into this. I have seen the local reaction. So all of ya keep lookin, but don't reply. I understand.

Not a bad looking scoot at all. Would like to hear a little more about the build. I think the lack of response is simply this forum is somewhat new. I'm probaby more of a chop guy myself and hell even I forget to look in here. Many of us spend most of our time in the build sections of the board so I think if you offered more build info you might spark some intrest. Welcome to DTT and keep on building

i dig it but i wouldve left the e-start on... an auto chopper could be a sweet ride for a vet or someone who can't use their left leg for shifting - people who might have a harder time kickin a bike

dig it heaps - clean, simple and effective. nice scoot!

I've got love for the strange. Long live the weird bikes!

I actually can't use my left leg because of nerve damage. I ride a bobbed cb750A with jockey shift to put it in gear.

Your right this would be a good bike for a disabled vet. We thought about how cool and easy it would be to put a suicide shift on but I think in the end we wanted to get her done and put her on the road. The bike was originally built for a marine with a few physical ailments of his own.

Oh and Fix if you think this is unusual you should see the build we are workin on now. Maybe I'll talk to Greatrespecterofbeer and see if we can start making some daily post updates with picks on this build. It is SICK!!!

knoepps said:
Your right this would be a good bike for a disabled vet. We thought about how cool and easy it would be to put a suicide shift on but I think in the end we wanted to get her done and put her on the road. The bike was originally built for a marine with a few physical ailments of his own.

Oh and Fix if you think this is unusual you should see the build we are workin on now. Maybe I'll talk to Greatrespecterofbeer and see if we can start making some daily post updates with picks on this build. It is SICK!!!

Righteous! Keep me posted.

greatrespectforbeer said:
I posted this on here expecting something. This ia a Stupid 1980 hondamatic for gods own sake. We took one of the most UNCOOL motorcycles in the UNIVERSE and turned it into this. I have seen the local reaction. So all of ya keep lookin, but don't reply. I understand.

I like the cowboy hat and half buttoned shirt? But seriously we would probably like more stupid hondamatic before pics, then transformation pics from UNCOOL to COOL, and finally show n shine pics. But hey it is a nice bike, would have ditched the side covers though ...

The GL1100 build can be found at the following link. For those of you who love the strange!
http://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27978&start=15

and it is pretty sick what we have done.
I just wanted to say that this hondamatic build we acomplished with only paint purchased. The rest was out of stuff laying around. The new rigid rear suspension was built out of an old set of BED RAILS. Souns crazy but they were perfect. Bars are from a mountain bike. The grips I custom made myself. It has a kill switch we stole off of a little weed eater powered scooter. left hand controls are off a suzuki madura. Has a Cheap solo seat from ebay and lights are from local truck stops so there was a little more than paint purchased. from stock to where it is now it has maybe $50 into it. I tried to get the before pics to satisfy some of you but they are all on the owners computer.

I'm diggin the JYD (junk yard dog) aspect of this bike.
Proof positive that you don't have to spend a ton of money to be cool.
This would be a good learner bike, being able to get the bike steering/handling dynamics down, without worrying about shifting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom