Horizontal side mount lisence plate?

pawn

Over 1,000 Posts
Anyone know a good place to find a lighted side mount plate (with brake light?)

Really man... A few bucks worth of steel, a couple hours, and a can of paint. Itll be over before you know it!

i know. It's also the same for the seat, for the fender, for the tank...etc. I'd really rather just buy the unit and not have to deal with it since it's not going to be better looking if I go home made. It's also steel, wires, light bulb, housing, bolts, mount. It's not just a simple piece of steel in the grand scheme of it. I do understand it's an easy undertaking, but I also understand I have a lot on my plate and rather shortcut on things that aren't of great importance.

Makes sense. Youll be looking at around $100 just about anywhere. Mopeds77 has them for $20, but theres no mount for a light.

I've got a black powdercoated bracked and cat-eye tail light setup I could sell you. Was going to use it but didn't end up doing it.

I got it from these guys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Side-Mount-License-Plate-Tail-Light-Mount-POWDER-COATED-/400142202755?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories

It's basically that bracket with this light:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cateye-light-cat-eye-tail-light-rear-light-custom-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ350271393226QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

They're brand new, never used. $40 for the complete set + shipping. Let me know and I'll get pics of the actual stuff but it's pretty much exactly as shown in the above auctions.

i appreciate the offer. I wound up ordering the one from jp cycles. I can't run a vertical mounted plate in florida, it's against the law here oddly enough (considering the laxity of this state.)

man you can make one crazy easy

Used some cardboard to get the template, then cut that out of alum, then polished... used a 5 dollar light from auto parts store

bhkear.jpg

on the bike
345xvyw.jpg

EDIT: At first I did not see you say you ordered the JP one but I'll leave this up in case anyone else is looking.

I've read lots of good things about Road6Customs and now they offer a horizontal setup if you like the Model A light.

Link Here

damn I do like that a lot. Wish I saw it before I ordered. I'm still happy with the look of my side mount (well see if I'm happy with the whole thing once I get it in the mail.)

Back
Top Bottom