First ride since the crash.

Fucking fucker shit balls mother fucking donkey fucker shitfaced asshole. Feel a little better now. I wonder if I can fix that alloy lever? Probably have to find a new one

its gonna snap as soon as you go to straighten it.....ask me how I know
And dude, thats not that bad....just a bent lever because it could have been worse. Imagine it actually had a metal tank that sits on the spine, would have been bent to shit
I will be sure to have a few for you when im done here

LOL. I'll eBay a replacement. Wife will kill me if the shower base is busted, that will be the shit part. Funny thing is the bosses Magna did the same fall you'd think I'd of learned, his had not one scratch which was a fucking miracle. The GL will need a lever, oh well. Worst of it is it landed on my beer and I lost 3! Time to have a whisky and say fuckit for now

It's good to here that things are looking up! ;D
I got my stitches out today, the doc says my range of motion is way better than average and I am healing faster than average too.
I should be back in the saddle before summers done. 8)

4eyes said:
It's good to here that things are looking up! ;D
I got my stitches out today, the doc says my range of motion is way better than average and I am healing faster than average too.
I should be back in the saddle before summers done. 8)

Good news there Mike!

Glad to hear you'll be riding soon - I've been following your recovery and it's seemed long and arduous.
Damned deer - my daughter clobbered one on the way to work about a month ago and I shudder to think of her on a bike instead of in her car when it hit.
Damned work stand - only 3 beers deceased - lucky you. I had the XV fall over on me a couple of times when I was working on it and was painful from ground level, can't imagine it from a couple of feet up, so you're pretty lucky - just the brake lever.
My first ride after a crash (delivery van tried to take me out) was pretty strange - almost surreal. I guess you've already figured to take it cool and easy for a little while.
Have a great riding season.
Pat

pacomotorstuff said:
Glad to hear you'll be riding soon - I've been following your recovery and it's seemed long and arduous.
Damned deer - my daughter clobbered one on the way to work about a month ago and I shudder to think of her on a bike instead of in her car when it hit.
Damned work stand - only 3 beers deceased - lucky you. I had the XV fall over on me a couple of times when I was working on it and was painful from ground level, can't imagine it from a couple of feet up, so you're pretty lucky - just the brake lever.
My first ride after a crash (delivery van tried to take me out) was pretty strange - almost surreal. I guess you've already figured to take it cool and easy for a little while.
Have a great riding season.
Pat

Thanks Pat, it's been long but the ride was what I needed to get motivated for the last 20% recovery, just like bike building, the last 20% seems to take the longest and be the most frustrating. I am so close to being normal again and riding is a big part of that. I will take it easy for sure and not push my luck or my body past what is safe.

Cheers

Maritime

Back
Top Bottom