Advice needed - CB750 selection for brat build

Underdog

Hi guys,

In the near future I'd like to start my first build, and after spending hours looking at various brat builds the CB750s have really stood out to me. This build in particularly captivates my interest and has inspired me to possibly do something similar.

ranew-1.jpg

http://thebikeshed.cc/2015/12/07/redeemed-cycles-cb750/

So my question is - are there certain years that are more desirable than others for these types of builds? Are there specific things that I should be looking out for?

Buy a 78-80 Super Sport some wire tricks a set of CR's and K&N's 14 cans of black appliance epoxy and your close.

Send me six grand and I will build it for you... I already have the DOHC SS in stock../

Tune-A-Fish said:
Buy a 78-80 Super Sport some wire tricks a set of CR's and K&N's 14 cans of black appliance epoxy and your close.

Send me six grand and I will build it for you... I already have the DOHC SS in stock../

Thanks for the reply, just to clarify is the CB750F the super sport? I've read through a few things online and I'm still unsure whether the super sport is a variant of the CB750F or not, it seems to get referred to in different ways which is confusing.

Are the tanks interchangeable on these bikes without any significant modification? I prefer the way the K tank looks but will ideally go for an F for the rear discs

The DOHC 750F's and K's ran from 79-82. After that they went to the "Nighthawk" style.

Redbird said:
The DOHC 750F's and K's ran from 79-82. After that they went to the "Nighthawk" style.
coyote13 said:
You'll want to look at 79-80 F models, '78 was still SOHC
Tune-A-Fish said:
Key word being "significant" the tank will fit.

Thanks guys, that's helped me narrow down my search. Just need to play the waiting game now until something reasonable comes up

Back
Top Bottom