I'm sandblasting my old rusty frame first,looking for real tough gloss black..

grcamna5

Over 1,000 Posts
I picked up an old CB125 that's been sitting outside for a few yrs. and I'll be getting the frame and swingarm sandblasted.What's the toughest gloss black rattle can paint I can get to spray paint it so it'll resist scratching,etc. better than common Duplicolor enamel or other paint ? I need a shop to work out of but so far only have a storage locker w/ no electricity and that's where i'll be painting this frame.
The frame will be spending it's time first in storage for a couple yrs. and then outside my apt. full time after i build it.

How much do you wan to spend? POR-15 frame paint is killer, but not cheap.

This stuff is affordable and way tougher than standard off the shelf paint.

Attachments

• impressive-epoxy-paint-for-metal-12-rust-oleum-appliance-epoxy-spray-paint-600-x-600.jpg
    impressive-epoxy-paint-for-metal-12-rust-oleum-appliance-epoxy-spray-paint-600-x-600.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 781
von Yinzer,
What do you use for primer on that Rustoleum epoxy appliance paint ?
I was in Advance today and VHT has a purple can of black epoxy paint,a guy there said it comes out kind of thick(I could live w/ that on the frame..)and most times they use it for under-car parts like axles,springs,control arms,etc. Have you used that yet ?

I don't think you need primer I didn't use any on my rims they came out good the black gloss is nice

I swear by this stuff. http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP652-Satin-Black-Weather/dp/B000CPIN34

Also no primer needed. Bonds great to plastic, chip resistant and chemical resistant, well except to DOT3-4 ::)

Can get it for $7 a can at most auto parts stores

I used the VHT roll bar and Chassis epoxy paint, its very though!! apply it over a clean and bare metal frame! loves bare metal

That pj1 stuff is really killer! So is the por. Haven't tried the rustoleum but did try the vht. The only problem I have with these paints is that if they do get beat up they tend to chip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new epoxy paints are really durable.

I used Rustoleum Chassis and Roll Bar paint in a semi gloss on the MC's, top clamp and bars on this FJ12 and it came up sweet:

IMG_1555_zpshrgwvmor.jpg

hillsy said:
The new epoxy paints are really durable.

I used Rustoleum Chassis and Roll Bar paint in a semi gloss on the MC's, top clamp and bars on this FJ12 and it came up sweet:

IMG_1555_zpshrgwvmor.jpg

That looks good.Who sells that 'Rusty' Chassis and Roll Bar paint? it looks more gloss than semi-gloss(no primer needed?) and that's good for me 8)

Por15 regardless of the cost... The frame is hard to get back to once you start putting it together. Besides the stuff is absolutely tough as nails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom