The Copper Bavarian (new pics)

Re: Haven't seen a BMW on here yet...

looks better than before. How did you fasten the seat to the frame? is it just sitting on the frame rails or do you have rubber mounts?

Pretty cool, are you looking up the old Rennesports for pointers?

PJ

I have the bike running just ordered new carbs mikuni slide carbs should be a big improvement. Points are toasted so I ordered an electronic igntion to replace them too. Looking for some 900cc jugs and pistons on ebay to swap out the 750 ones. Decided to I'm going to order the titmouse tail light probably next paycheck or soon after. Looking at getting the rims and hubs powder coated black going to start working on relocating the battery to under the bike where it isn't visible at all. I want to do a differt exhuast the headers I have are rusted really bad and I love the shape of the pipes but hate the chrome. I would love to do a motofiaccone set up but that'll have to wait till well I start making more money whenever that is.
Here is a bad pic of the bike now I'll put up better ones soon and a pic of the seat bolted to the frame. There is a layer of stuff between the frame and the seat pan.

ImageShack.us

ImageShack.us

Wow, awesome job! I am an ex-beemer owner myself, amazing machines. The seat looks amazing, nice to see the toaster tank as well. Can't wait to see it completed.

Ive also built a number of Beemer cafe racers & fibreglass parts over the last few years
still have all the molds too........

And heres a couple more....

Attachments

• Cop BMW cafe conv.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 765

What happened to this thread? I really like this bike.

What electronic ignition did you go with and how do you like it? My pops is looking to upgrade from the points set up on his toaster.

Well I'll have some updates really soon. I went with the dynaIII and one of the pick ups never worked properly. Couldn't figure out what was up with it only one side was firing turned the timing 180 degrees and my problem switched cylinders. I haven't replaced it yet I just put the points back on.

Titmouse lights!! Saw those a while back. How bright are they? Get some dark comparison pics up at some point.

Bright! You can use that thing as a flash light I'm really happy with glad I got.
Here are some pics really don't do the little thing justice it's very bright.

They are the ducks nuts. The only thing i don't like is the price.

This is gonna be RAD! Keep on rockin'

Heres some more insiration for ya. I saw this at the International Expo show this past spring.
DSCN0192-2.jpg

Still have a ton of things left to do but hopefully I'll be ridding it legal again in the next week or so. Here are a few pics got some new grips and I'm working on a couple things right now.

Dude! I love your front end. I was literally just starting to work on mine (got one boot in the other day) and found this. Looking at yours makes me glad I went the way I did. cool bike man.

Back
Top Bottom